Power of Auras (pulses)

Regelridderen

So I was playing around with the app, when a strategy hit me.

Stocking up on auras:new-Pulse: to drain opponents hand and make the opponent vulnerable to Executes.

So I chose Dreamer as a base - because of Chompy’s Execute and summoning Madness is always great.

Then added :

Coppelius - 3” :new-Pulse: WP 13 to pass out Slow 

Wrath - 3” :new-Pulse: WP 13 for a 2/3/4 damage

Candy - 4” :new-Pulse: WP14 to pass out Slow

Adze - 3” :new-Pulse:DF 13 To pass out Burning // Quicksand Trigger 2” :new-Pulse: MV 15 to pass out Slow 

and Doppleganger for Mimic’ing auras and/or Execute attacks.

+9 Stones

Incidentally 3 models have Lure/Bring it! To control positioning and models generally have a speed faster than 5.

Possibly substituting Wrath for Hinamatsu would be preferable.

-

A possible turn one could easily have Candy in the midst of the opposing crew for the start of turn 2, e.g. Adze could fly up 7”, Lure Wrath and Candy. Then Wrath could walk and Bring it! Followed by Coppelius giving a Frightening Reminder putting Candy 16” up the board before activation.

-

With the amount of Stunned // Slow // Distracted handed out opponents would hopefully be hard pressed to accomplish anything. And would quickly be drained of cards to allow Chompy to do his thing.

Anyone ever run a list like this.

10 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Those are pulses,  but neat idea.

There is some merit in doing this with original pandora as that is the theme of her crew. Hand drain and execute.

But dreamer gets yume and Chompy which is a factor.

Either way, have you considered Carver?

I did consider Panda at first - she’s my #1 master, and the whole thing started out pondering her Tyrant Torn version - this is what I thought to try out :

Panda Box Opener + Totem

Candy

Adze

Hinamatsu

Teddy / Carver

Baby Kade 

8 Stones.

Which does seem like a fun time as well - I love Kade/Teddy, and Panda’s Fears Given Form and Box Opens fits great with this. But Dreamer’s summons and the ability to place Chompy was the deal breaker, while Carver loses out on his pulse not actually draining cards. The Dreamer would also be less vulnerable to Ruthless.

• Regelridderen changed the title to Power of Auras (pulses)

If you realy want to consider Lucius an Option I would think towards boring  conversation. Its awesome and you nie do get 2 possible hosts: alan Reid and Dorian crowe. To me it seems way more appealing than adze. 
and with lawyer and changeling you can move Candy in the board easily. 

so another possible way to go could be:

D61ED389-C486-481E-9A2F-0A931AB780FD.png

• Like 2

I don't think execute base strategy are really effective... low range pulse are not the best to drain hand Imo (shockwave will do it better and discard trigger on guns works very well too).

I think there's a real execute crew in Nighmare, but you're waaaaay better with Insomniac Dreamer.

1) you can craft the perfect execute hand;

2) you can summons LCB back

3) you have great discard and superior mobility.

This is my suggestions (bot the most competitive Insomniac built, but in something like turf it could work).

New The Dreamer Crew (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 6
Leader:
  The Dreamer, Insomniac (discard 10")
Totem(s):
  Lord Chompy Bits (execute; LD)
Hires:
  The Carver (execute)
  Serena Bowman (drain magic on gun)
  Lady Yume (Execute)
  Daydream (LD)
  Daydream 2 (LD)
  Stitched Together (LD)
  Stitched Together 2 (LD)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, extremor said:

If you realy want to consider Lucius an Option I would think towards boring  conversation. Its awesome and you nie do get 2 possible hosts: alan Reid and Dorian crowe. To me it seems way more appealing than adze. 
and with lawyer and changeling you can move Candy in the board easily. 

I like the suggestions - looking forward to trying new ‘dora and Dorian out, when the models get released. 

I do look at Adze as more versatile than Dorian though. Lure with Quick Reflexes is both utility and offensive positioning. While the Adze can deal some damage as well - and with Reid, there’s already one ‘Boring Conversarion”.

I also considered switching the Doppleganger ganger for a lawyer, but the Lure on the Doppleganger has less requirements than Obey, and she is Mov6. The other part, I’m aiming for is speed in this crew, and being able to switch gears. 

9 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

I like the suggestions - looking forward to trying new ‘dora and Dorian out, when the models get released. 

I do look at Adze as more versatile than Dorian though. Lure with Quick Reflexes is both utility and offensive positioning. While the Adze can deal some damage as well - and with Reid, there’s already one ‘Boring Conversarion”.

I also considered switching the Doppleganger ganger for a lawyer, but the Lure on the Doppleganger has less requirements than Obey, and she is Mov6. The other part, I’m aiming for is speed in this crew, and being able to switch gears. 

I always take one lawyer in every Lucius List. Tools and impassioned defense are essential imho. Shielded goes to alan reid and scribe most of the time cause they are the pita models my opponents want to get Rid of Early.  Tools to get a Mask most of the time (or tomes if i have to hit draw out secrets). 

edit:

For switching gears and mobility: the changelings ar a very solid schemer and with sidekick they are fast!!!
obey can also „reuse“ executes (by 12“, once per Turn in oposite to mimic from Doppel at 1“ but maybe twice a turn)… AND obey can also help/support  on the Spot That needs it atm. I like the flexibility of That. 

i realy don’t know i 2 boring conversation auras are Worth it and pressure the opponent more tjan one. But i think it is worth a try since I played Lucius a Great lot in the Last months and my opponents learned to hate alan and the Scribe… 

• Haha 1