Where and when would you Lucius, if you already Zoraida?

SurreyLee

Hi, so i'm focussing on NB this year and looking at options for masters etc. I have Zoraida and a fair number of keyword and looking at Lucius from a basic glance, what does he really do that Zoraida doesn't. Is either considered a better general option into most schemes or strats or can it largely come down to which flavour you prefer?

Nothing?

Lucius 2 has a different angle... Lucius 1 can pit quite a gun line... In guild.

In purple, it's more of a combo master... His combo potential was turn down by the Changeling scheme.

I have a huge bias toward Mama Z thoug, so maybe a Lucius player will disagree.

Well depends who you are asking. I am little fascinated by zoraida and love playing Lucius! But thats Emotion.

One of the Main differences is that Lucius has Lots of cool auras. And combos. Therefor he is a bit more into semi-bubbling. 
Lucius can Deal with Heavy armor Targets (Agent does analyse and then everyone punches)

with the New changelings (plus Hildegard) lucius has a lot of unasuming demeanor. Which is quite good against some opponents. 

16 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

Playing Lucius 1 with two Inhuman  Reflex matures, Candy + whatever has been an easy-win button for me. 

Once Candy is in the midst of the opposing crew shutting everything down, those matures supported by Lucius are free to do their worst. It’s blindlngly fast and does a ton of damage. 

I'm not sure this built is as effective as before... I think you're the only one ever referring to Lucius 1 as an "easy win button"... He's often viewed as one of the weakest masters in purple. 

24 minutes ago, SEV said:

I'm not sure this built is as effective as before... I think you're the only one ever referring to Lucius 1 as an "easy win button"... He's often viewed as one of the weakest masters in purple. 

The double IR matures with Lucius is indeed powerful, but it is very vulnerable. If just one of them dies too early it may cost you the game. Other than that I sadly agree that Lucius is on the weak side of our stable.

Zoraida is hands down the better of the two. Default Lucius just gets overshadowed by Zoraida, especially after the changeling change so his action funneling became a lot less efficient. The main draw for Lucius is his title version which drastically changes up his playstyle and the gimmicks that default Lucius can lean into, mostly involving the staggered condition.

• Like 1