2022 Monthly Painting Challenge - April

Gheist

Damn that's some speed and quality at the same time and i can barely find motivation and time, or more likely motivation period because if i'd be i'd make the time, to sit down and brush some.

And i even got fancy new paints (LGS stocked the Scale 75 artists paints and oils and how could i not grab some when i love the normal paints already?) but what motivation i can find goes to Moonstone atm ^^'

1 hour ago, Spitfire said:

Damn that's some speed and quality at the same time and i can barely find motivation and time, or more likely motivation period because if i'd be i'd make the time, to sit down and brush some.

And i even got fancy new paints (LGS stocked the Scale 75 artists paints and oils and how could i not grab some when i love the normal paints already?) but what motivation i can find goes to Moonstone atm ^^'

I was at that point and got motivated by playing my first game with the redchapel crew vs bandit.

Moonstone is also very tempting from miniature design and the game itself. Did you play? Is it enjoyable?

17 hours ago, Brushgit said:

I was at that point and got motivated by playing my first game with the redchapel crew vs bandit.

Moonstone is also very tempting from miniature design and the game itself. Did you play? Is it enjoyable?

Yes i find it very enjoyable.
It has a nice simplicity to it while offering things to uncover and unpack. Also for as straight forward as the mission goal ist (in normal play) the random distribution and depth of the stones makes for nice different play experiences.

But i've got to admit, that i feel a certain amount of motivation towards painting some malifaux too since dropping out of an upcoming tournament and having played another round with Mr. Cooper yeasterday.

• Agree 1

On 4/14/2022 at 4:23 PM, Spitfire said:

On 4/14/2022 at 5:25 PM, Brushgit said:

Guys :D i am very sad if you go and paint awesome miniatures of other games and do not post them here. I am pretty sure it is allowed under the rules of this challenge and if not we can make up some ss values for miniatures, but please post your work for f*** sake 🤣

any-how:

ngXtwvc.jpg

The Family is now complete. i will go and make better pics once i have played the hell out of them this weekend

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Gheist said:

Guys :D i am very sad if you go and paint awesome miniatures of other games and do not post them here. I am pretty sure it is allowed under the rules of this challenge and if not we can make up some ss values for miniatures, but please post your work for f*** sake 🤣

Between lots of extra work shifts due to half the staff coming down sick and then managing to wind up with two of my fingers bandaged for a week I've so far been unable to get any painting done this month. Looking to change that though and am currently getting some faux basecoated and ready to paint. In the meantime though these are old pics but here ye go Gheist.

UHr9fuk.jpgIVyPDq5.jpg

Most of the KDM I have is painted up (excluding custom survivors) but there's still a Gorm and a Gold Smoke Knight sitting around waiting for some paint, so maybe they sneak into the painting queue in a month where I haven't managed to lose half of my time without painting a single SS.

• Like 4

On 4/15/2022 at 5:52 PM, Gheist said:

any-how:

ngXtwvc.jpg

The Family is now complete. i will go and make better pics once i have played the hell out of them this weekend

Oh wow, that blue and pink combo is gorgeous and striking.

• Thanks 1

This month I've been making up for lost time in March, here's what I've done so far for my last blossom crew: quite pleased with how they came out and also that I finally settled on a theme for the bases. 189684967_20220420_2238532.thumb.jpg.09997db09c1af43aa24752358905d805.jpg2110143768_20220420_2238112.thumb.jpg.1da7cd7ec2164ba0661a975f333f8525.jpg1333843917_20220420_2238232.thumb.jpg.3dec4954a896ba5aaa3878e6f508ebdc.jpg1869252565_20220420_2239332.thumb.jpg.4229c335637acb846ffc71673a6960b9.jpg

i still have a little bit of last blossom stuff to finish off before the end of the month, Wanyudo to go with minako and the katashiro as well as 2 katanaka Snipers and a katanaka crime boss.

Im also really pleased that I finally finished this carrion emissary that I built about 2 years ago and never got round to finishing. I'm happy with how it turned out in the end (and i can't get Surfin' Bird out of my head since).1971773959_20220420_2235382.thumb.jpg.39c6d6f07a10323990af3d2d85a1e39f.jpg1314237053_20220420_2235182.thumb.jpg.7dbbc4e89c4f25157bda26ea78d77eb8.jpg

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Moinetbeard said:

This month I've been making up for lost time in March, here's what I've done so far for my last blossom crew: quite pleased with how they came out and also that I finally settled on a theme for the bases. 189684967_20220420_2238532.thumb.jpg.09997db09c1af43aa24752358905d805.jpg2110143768_20220420_2238112.thumb.jpg.1da7cd7ec2164ba0661a975f333f8525.jpg1333843917_20220420_2238232.thumb.jpg.3dec4954a896ba5aaa3878e6f508ebdc.jpg1869252565_20220420_2239332.thumb.jpg.4229c335637acb846ffc71673a6960b9.jpg

i still have a little bit of last blossom stuff to finish off before the end of the month, Wanyudo to go with minako and the katashiro as well as 2 katanaka Snipers and a katanaka crime boss.

Im also really pleased that I finally finished this carrion emissary that I built about 2 years ago and never got round to finishing. I'm happy with how it turned out in the end (and i can't get Surfin' Bird out of my head since).1971773959_20220420_2235382.thumb.jpg.39c6d6f07a10323990af3d2d85a1e39f.jpg1314237053_20220420_2235182.thumb.jpg.7dbbc4e89c4f25157bda26ea78d77eb8.jpg

Fine Job, i felt that minako and the katashiro were a fun bunch of models to paint. You went more all out on the Blood though :D

3 hours ago, Gheist said:

Fine Job, i felt that minako and the katashiro were a fun bunch of models to paint. You went more all out on the Blood though :D

Thanks very much! Yes minako was especially enjoyable to paint! Ha, perhaps I went a bit over the top with the gore on the katashiro, but I wanted to try out making some drips for the hands with some uv resin so excess blood seemed important. It didn't work perfectly, so a bit of practice needed on that technique I think!

• Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 11:32 PM, Hawkoon said:

And what would a finished keyword be without a group photo?x

20220404_225054.thumb.jpg.60003c177bc45751fe0ec905e87287ae.jpg

This paintjob on this crew + this setup is truly beautiful 😍 

For this month I'll paint Sun Quiang, is the only Retainer i have left.

About gadgets, my favorite one is an "anti-wash-spilling" i did myself with leftover sprues XD

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzgAF3KoGWR/

• Thanks 1

@Hobby Wyrd - making very good progress here and for the first ever use of contrast paints - the effect is excellent!

@wobbly_goggy - fire looks amazing and nicely contrasts with cold colors of clothes. Nice productivity this month! Neat paintjob on the little Dreamer, Miss Anne, and Rami too! I really like these old M1E sculpts

@Brushgit - as always, impressive use limited palette. The smoothness of highlights never ceases to impress me!

@feagaur - feeling jealous about the chance to paint with your kid! Though I don't want to share my precioussss hobby stuff as I would never get it back!

@Gheist - this looks like one happy family :) Makes me want to paint Nexus - maybe one day...

@Jetboy69 - I can respect painting something just because you like the model :) Though Titania has a number of amazing minis in the keyword too.

@TimH - hope the hand heals fast and you get back to happy painting in no time! Not backing the Kingdom Death Kickstarter is one of the few hobby regrets I still hold.

@Moinetbeard - love the vivid colors you've used. Blood splatter really stands out !

As for gadgets - I've recently bought... a brush rinser. Seems excessive and not really necessary but boy it gets the job done!

brush-rinser.jpg

You can see more here: 

I've painted one more effigy - just a very quick paintjob to get it on the table.

painters-challenge-april-2022-02.jpg

That brings me to a total of 8 soulstones + this "mini" (not sure how many soulstones this large scale model counts for?)

painters-challenge-april-2022-05.jpg painters-challenge-april-2022-04.jpg

painters-challenge-april-2022-03.jpg

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Viruk said:

@Hobby Wyrd - making very good progress here and for the first ever use of contrast paints - the effect is excellent!

@wobbly_goggy - fire looks amazing and nicely contrasts with cold colors of clothes. Nice productivity this month! Neat paintjob on the little Dreamer, Miss Anne, and Rami too! I really like these old M1E sculpts

@Brushgit - as always, impressive use limited palette. The smoothness of highlights never ceases to impress me!

@feagaur - feeling jealous about the chance to paint with your kid! Though I don't want to share my precioussss hobby stuff as I would never get it back!

@Gheist - this looks like one happy family :) Makes me want to paint Nexus - maybe one day...

@Jetboy69 - I can respect painting something just because you like the model :) Though Titania has a number of amazing minis in the keyword too.

@TimH - hope the hand heals fast and you get back to happy painting in no time! Not backing the Kingdom Death Kickstarter is one of the few hobby regrets I still hold.

@Moinetbeard - love the vivid colors you've used. Blood splatter really stands out !

As for gadgets - I've recently bought... a brush rinser. Seems excessive and not really necessary but boy it gets the job done!

brush-rinser.jpg

You can see more here: 

I've painted one more effigy - just a very quick paintjob to get it on the table.

That brings me to a total of 8 soulstones + this "mini" (not sure how many soulstones this large scale model counts for?)

I love the Base on the Sonnia Model. I think we agreed on 25 SS because of Titan Size if i remember correctly

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Viruk said:

brush-rinser.jpg

You can see more here: 

That Sonnia Model is just awesome - great job on it and nice choice of base.

• Thanks 1