Von Schill Symbols of Authority

Shakyor

SO as a new outcast player who just likes Von Schill, what Strategies do you usally consider him for? How would you approach Symbols of Authority.

Or more specifically, how would you approach this pool(please also tell me if you think he would do badly :)😞

Symbols

Flank

Hidden Martyrs, Assasinate, Let them Bleed, Bait and Switch, Detonate Charges

It's hard to find a pool Schill isn't at least competent in, though I don't adore that scheme pool. Symbols isn't inherently difficult, you probably want to play original Schill rather than his Title version for his extra pushes. Schill himself can theoretically use his Rocket Boots three times in an activation and still Interact at the end if he starts with them on and then uses two Load Up actions with the Give Them Hell trigger. Really card intensive but hey, if it gets you points...

Schemes are trickier. I would include the Hodgepodge Emissary, or at minimum the Effigy with the Effigy of Fate upgrade, in case you decide after seeing your opponent's crew that you would like to go for Detonate Charges. Ideally you probably just want to take Assassinate and Let Them Bleed, but the viability of those schemes can depend on what your opponent brings so it's safer to have a back-up choice. Bait and Switch may be viable too on one of your opponent's Symbol grabbers, especially with Schill's Pull trigger letting you toss an enemy model over to stand near a scheme marker.

• Agree 1

I reckon Freikorps can pretty well do anything.

It really depends on your playstyle and how adverse you are on going OOK. Any of the Freikorps can get symbols through Rocket boots. Von Schill can do it as Axelist said. Freikorpsmann are also ok thanks to Equipment training letting them keep their Rocket Boots on (ideally with the Emissary to give them Regen, so they can stay topped up (or even give them Assault Shield as well). Midnight Stalker is always an option too.

Schemes really depend on your opponent.

I don't mind Hidden Martyrs as there's lots of great choices to total up to 13ss between Engineers, Librarians, Drachen Troopers, Metallurgist, Freikorpsmann, Trappers. And really, if your opponent doesn't go after your support healers (or scheme runners), then Hannah/Arik can just do so much work. It is also a dangerous scheme for you as Freikorps are so killy.

Otherwise, I agree with Axelist that Assassinate & Let Them Bleed are your best bet

Bait & Switch is dangerous in Flank.

Freikorps aren't great at scheming for Detonate so needing 4 scheme markers isn't a great bet. Emissary will help, but I'd say is still a tough ask.

• Haha 1