Keyword and crew to counter the Hoff

Essexkiwi

Not a 10T player myself, but I've been perusing the masters and crews to figure out which would be the most effective at countering Hoffman1 and his armour 2 crew.

Putting aside the consideration of Strategy and Scheme pool, who would be your pick of master and crew in 10T for the job? 

• Like 1

Against that much Armour +2 you're looking for either ping damage or Armour ignore. Samurai have Armour ignore and free focused, and they can still do decent damage at ranged if they spike severe.

Mei Feng would be decent against them except that enemy constructs are immune to her hazardous for some reason... Even with Neil Henry ignoring Armour natively now I definitely would avoid her against construct heavy crews.

Yan Lo 2's gun ignores Armour, but it's only 2/3/4. Izamu has a trigger to ignore it as well, but his Armour is a weakness against some of that crew. Yan Lo 2 would be my pick I think, he can hole in the world the Peacekeeper at stat 6 vs. df 4 and throw it 6" away. For a Mv 4 50mm there are so many painful places you can leave it, and Obeying to burn power tokens attacking their friends is great.

2 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

And he has marker removal.

Oh yeah, and the Soul Porter can vacuum up the scrap as well! The question becomes, are you still better of taking Komainu over Gokudo? I don't think the scrap drop is that big of a problem, but Joss is very scary given he can one shot them. Probably Gokudo then IMO.

2 minutes ago, Jinn said:

Oh yeah, and the Soul Porter can vacuum up the scrap as well! The question becomes, are you still better of taking Komainu over Gokudo? I don't think the scrap drop is that big of a problem, but Joss is very scary given he can one shot them. Probably Gokudo then IMO.

I don't think Joss can ignore hard to kill?

But yeah, with all the irreducible in the crew, definitely worth considering just grabbing some Gokudo xD

Just now, Maniacal_cackle said:

I don't think Joss can ignore hard to kill?

But yeah, with all the irreducible in the crew, definitely worth considering just grabbing some Gokudo xD

I forgot Komainu have hard to kill as well, so gross. I wish Gokudo got something to make up for Ancient Bloodline being blank in Yan 2. I'd say they should have a (low statted, not built in) version of Mold of the Other, but Yan 2 doesn't need that. Still sucks.

Oh yeah, McCabe (more 2 than 1, but both are good) is great against Hoffman! Hands out armour ignore, does ping damage, eats scrap, what more could you want!

• Agree 1

Thanks for replies you two.
I have Hoff if you haven't guessed, mate plays 10T.  He tried Mei Feng, didn't seem a great match up as I could eat his scrap markers.
Yan Lo sounds interesting for the obeys.  A big weakness I see in Augmented is lots of low Wp models, but wasn't sure which 10T keyword had the most Wp based attacks.

McCabe he likes, any auto-includes in keyword there, and would Samurai be worth hiring in?  

Lastly I was wondering about Shenlong?  Looks to have decent source of Irreducible damage, and ability to put out both Burning and Poison for that constant 1 damage past armour.  Thoughs?

I imagine shenlong is good there but don't know much about the crew.

Funnily enough McCabe synergises really well with his monks, though xD 

McCabe is one of the ultimate 'generalist' masters that can handle just about anything. So he doesn't have anything he *must* take, but I think you'll find Desper and Hucksters are amazing at scoring objectives and are frequent hires. Sidir is also pretty great. I started with the Wild One box + the huckster/desper box and it was a great start.

• 2 weeks later...