Need some help beating up the nosy newsies! (Now with bat rep)

Regelridderen

And the results are in : it was a blast. I’ve never played a less killy game :D

Setup

37711758-0E03-47B9-81A1-13A5D3FD2C86.thumb.jpeg.03dd0a8b1088c756ded3598b51b34cc7.jpeg072A76A0-63C5-42A9-B6D1-95D2AAAD7922.thumb.jpeg.4f2b70c53cc99e6056a3396e88a7e4f7.jpeg293C1606-08A7-47C6-89BA-655971D7B771.thumb.jpeg.3419cca94ed89fbed01a64308d6c83bf.jpeg

The pesky journalists set up to focus on my right flank, where as I went for the center - and put my rider on the far left to go for the leftmost marker while building up tomes.

Turn One

9364ABB0-A24A-419E-ABBD-93016993A1CB.thumb.jpeg.b11e567423c0c7da61b23ad3adc5ad1c.jpegFD93A16F-2333-4A8F-979F-C82457C38768.thumb.jpeg.13e171dee783b26520561fe7c90b8bd2.jpegD2010C7B-0204-4D94-B562-2C3DDB50EEEB.thumb.jpeg.8c427dce6ba470a2645a11effd7c5d94.jpeg

The performers headed for the center, but was met by Allison and the guild steward, and the pesky journalist put a stop to my plans of kicking the central can. Instead Baritone Lola kicked the can to the right - while Phionia kicked the rightmost to my half, and the mech rider kicked the left-most to my opponents half. And Carlos did his best to light up the guild steward and Allison

Score 0 - 0

Turn Two

81E86172-E875-4B03-A5BB-7E1626C1A069.thumb.jpeg.2557d9eb0b8811af300a075d050ac9ea.jpeg

The mech rider continued his can kicking, as I realized my chances were slim to hold the rightmost cans. The two fire breathers fought to hold the centre and light the journalists on fire, but the steward and the pale rider kept them alive. Carlos dumped a pyre marker to set up research mission, and Colette managed to presto-changi Allison into it and then kick the can on to my opponents half.

Nellie and a False Witness challenged Baritone Lola for the can - and my opponent scored Catch and Release.

Meanwhile the Undercover Reporter popped out of nowhere only to be met by Envy’s gatling gun and I scored a Vendetta point.

Score 2 - 2

Turn Three

E8F09848-EB87-4DBE-98B0-31F041D1346A.thumb.jpeg.9aa6bf8fe8e4cee37cdebcabd50eebc8.jpeg54AD573B-0299-4335-B9DC-B13BCEED1D44.thumb.jpeg.41f8dfaf5c339b2db4a4290983160ae2.jpeg

Nellie and Phiona continued kicking cans, while my Saboteur got busy blowing up scheme markers.

Allison finally died a fiery death, but the Guild steward clinged to his life, while the undercover reporter and the pale rider concentrated their efforts on killing off Envy but were unsuccesful, as the diesel cloud was impenetrable.

Allisons death allowed Carlos to finally score his research mission, while Colette burned the False Witness up, denying the second point of that scheme.

Score 4 - 3

Turn Four

F3A7BE8A-FC85-4FDB-BFBD-CDC95BF2AB47.thumb.jpeg.f9b3fa9c782aa36e24e33c0759057e40.jpeg

The Rider and Undercover reporter continued their onslaught, beating it down to 1 wound and with 1 burning. Lola scrambled to help, but her fire breath wasn’t able to do anything - my hand were nothing but moderates this round. Instead Colette kicked the can up the field, then presto-chango’ed into the fight and getting Envy out of the pickle.

Envy and the Mech rider then collaborated in sending the second strat marker 8” up my opponents half, and the rider would finally be able to join the fight in turn 5 (with it’s 15 tokens).

Nellie and Phiona comtinued pushing their markers, while the saboteur fought to blow up Nellies scheme markers.

Score : 5 - 4

Turn Five

My opponent stole the initiative, before I could get models to block the Pale Riders path, and so it disengaged and use it’s pulse to deal 2 irreducible damage, killing off Envy and Lola, and then ran to take up position on Lola’s corpse.

Colette would have none of it, so presto-chango’ed to shift position with the rider, allowing me to score research mission, while denying his chance at it. The mech rider and a flying monkey managed to finally kill off the undercover reporter - and foil his part in research mission, and the saboteur did his best as well, but Phiona and Nellie was no match for a 5 stone minion.

Final score 7 - 6

All-in-all a really great fight. Nellie is a super cool (and annoying) opponent. Allison Dade is a beast.

I should done more to kill the steward, once my opponent had drained his hand, but kamikaze monkeys were foiled by the luck of the draw and I was too scared of his demise to risk my henchmen.

The irreducible damage of the Pale Rider was something I wasn’t prepared for.

I don’t think, I got much from the mech rider, yet without it, I’d had a harder time scoring 3 of the strat points, so I guess that would be good enough - he also drew me 7 cards in the final round, so that’s pretty impressive as well. And he could have been instrumental in research mission as well.

• Regelridderen changed the title to Need some help beating up the nosy newsies! (Now with bat rep)

This was probably my hardest Colette match so far. Nellie is a nasty counter to many of her strengths.

Still, Presto-chango is such a versatile action, both in moving your models into position and getting your opponent out of his. While I never stop being impressed with the two fire breathers.

The saboteur was a little experiment. He didn’t do much, but he was still a decent carrier of magical training, and he blow up 4 or 5 scheme markers throughout the game, so there was plenty for him to do.

Envy proved a great tool for Vendetta. Able to reliably deal 6 damage at a distance on a 7 stone model allows for plenty of targets. If only my opponent hadn’t has irreducible damage the armor and stones would have kept him safe. Also the ability to strip conditions for damage is great.

On 3/16/2022 at 12:52 AM, Regelridderen said:

This was probably my hardest Colette match so far. Nellie is a nasty counter to many of her strengths.

Still, Presto-chango is such a versatile action, both in moving your models into position and getting your opponent out of his. While I never stop being impressed with the two fire breathers.

The saboteur was a little experiment. He didn’t do much, but he was still a decent carrier of magical training, and he blow up 4 or 5 scheme markers throughout the game, so there was plenty for him to do.

Envy proved a great tool for Vendetta. Able to reliably deal 6 damage at a distance on a 7 stone model allows for plenty of targets. If only my opponent hadn’t has irreducible damage the armor and stones would have kept him safe. Also the ability to strip conditions for damage is great.

u should add crews to description

also nelly crew is not hard for colette at all-the same tricks, but colette makes all better

the main problem is pale rider-he needs a nerf with his irr dmg

24 minutes ago, Plaag said:

u should add crews to description

also nelly crew is not hard for colette at all-the same tricks, but colette makes all better

the main problem is pale rider-he needs a nerf with his irr dmg

Yea, I put the crews up in the guild thread - the arcanist forum seems completely dead.. and yea, the Pale Rider is completely off his rockers.

Nellie & The Press

Allison

Phiona

Undercover Reporter

False Witness

Pale Rider

Guild Steward

and 4 Stones 

vs

Colette and her Doves

Cassandra

Carlos

Envy w. Diesel Engine

Mech Rider

Saboteur w. magical Training.

and 7 stones.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

Yea, I put the crews up in the guild thread - the arcanist forum seems completely dead.. and yea, the Pale Rider is completely off his rockers.

Nellie & The Press

Allison

Phiona

Undercover Reporter

False Witness

Pale Rider

Guild Steward

and 4 Stones 

vs

Colette and her Doves

Cassandra

Carlos

Envy w. Diesel Engine

Mech Rider

Saboteur w. magical Training.

and 7 stones.

colette cannt play without duet, also saboteur is useless

23 hours ago, Plaag said:

colette cannt play without duet, also saboteur is useless

Colette plays fine without the duet. Indeed the thing quickly becomes a liability vs WP attacks, in particular vs Obey crews. Not to mention how Armor +2 is wasted vs Black Blood pings.

And sure the Saboteur is “useless” - except he worked fine as a cheap magical training carrier and for removing scheme markers. 

• Agree 2

On 3/22/2022 at 10:09 PM, Regelridderen said:

Colette plays fine without the duet. Indeed the thing quickly becomes a liability vs WP attacks, in particular vs Obey crews. Not to mention how Armor +2 is wasted vs Black Blood pings.

And sure the Saboteur is “useless” - except he worked fine as a cheap magical training carrier and for removing scheme markers. 

duet is the main model in Colette crew-just use him wisely

and saboteur is useless-he dies too fast and do nothing

• Respectfully Disagree 1