A dirty arcanist need some help to face off vs Nellie ( now with a bat rep ).

Regelridderen

1 hour ago, Regelridderen said:

NB: i’ll be playing Colette.

Colette vs. Nellie?

Christ I'm glad I'm not playing that game!

I don't think my brain could handle the nonsense!

I'm not sure I can give any concrete advice other than to say Nellie can do a surprising amount of damage with the right setup, so thats something to be aware of.

3 hours ago, theamazingmrg said:

Colette vs. Nellie?

Christ I'm glad I'm not playing that game!

I don't think my brain could handle the nonsense!

I'm not sure I can give any concrete advice other than to say Nellie can do a surprising amount of damage with the right setup, so thats something to be aware of.

Can you give me some pointers. As I understand it, Nellie uses scheme markers to deal her damage - would simply working to remove those be a viable tactic to deal with Nellie?

5 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

Can you give me some pointers. As I understand it, Nellie uses scheme markers to deal her damage - would simply working to remove those be a viable tactic to deal with Nellie?

Nellie and Journalist got actions to make you interact to drop/remove scheme. Also depends of wich Nellie he declared he can hurt you in diferent ways.

Nellie 1 can play to "obey" your beaters and charge your crew whilst she stunned your crew.

Nellie 2 plays more sharing conditions between his crew and yours. And forcing interacts.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

It's  the Distracted and the Interacting that I would beware of in the first instance.

If you Interact within 8" of Nellie, she will gain Focus.

If you kill any of her models, you will gain Distracted and Adversary, and if Nellie has her Slow News Day aura up then you will also be Stunned

Where the Scheme Markers are relevant are the +1 damage trigger  on One More Question, and Twisting Their Ideals which can get out of hand in marker-heavy games.

Where Nellie excels is limiting your ability to attack via Distracted, and screwing with your Marker placement, and generally throwing schemes down makes her a great scheming Master.

But against Colette, who can do very similar things in a lot of respects, its a lot to keep track of for both sides!  It'll be an interesting game if nothing else!

• Haha 1

And the results are in : it was a blast. I’ve never played a less killy game :D

Setup

37711758-0E03-47B9-81A1-13A5D3FD2C86.thumb.jpeg.03dd0a8b1088c756ded3598b51b34cc7.jpeg072A76A0-63C5-42A9-B6D1-95D2AAAD7922.thumb.jpeg.4f2b70c53cc99e6056a3396e88a7e4f7.jpeg293C1606-08A7-47C6-89BA-655971D7B771.thumb.jpeg.3419cca94ed89fbed01a64308d6c83bf.jpeg

The pesky journalists set up to focus on my right flank, where as I went for the center - and put my rider on the far left to go for the leftmost marker while building up tomes.

Turn One

9364ABB0-A24A-419E-ABBD-93016993A1CB.thumb.jpeg.b11e567423c0c7da61b23ad3adc5ad1c.jpegFD93A16F-2333-4A8F-979F-C82457C38768.thumb.jpeg.13e171dee783b26520561fe7c90b8bd2.jpegD2010C7B-0204-4D94-B562-2C3DDB50EEEB.thumb.jpeg.8c427dce6ba470a2645a11effd7c5d94.jpeg

The performers headed for the center, but was met by Allison and the guild steward, and the pesky journalist put a stop to my plans of kicking the central can. Instead Baritone Lola kicked the can to the right - while Phionia kicked the rightmost to my half, and the mech rider kicked the left-most to my opponents half. And Carlos did his best to light up the guild steward and Allison

Score 0 - 0

Turn Two

81E86172-E875-4B03-A5BB-7E1626C1A069.thumb.jpeg.2557d9eb0b8811af300a075d050ac9ea.jpeg

The mech rider continued his can kicking, as I realized my chances were slim to hold the rightmost cans. The two fire breathers fought to hold the centre and light the journalists on fire, but the steward and the pale rider kept them alive. Carlos dumped a pyre marker to set up research mission, and Colette managed to presto-changi Allison into it and then kick the can on to my opponents half.

Nellie and a False Witness challenged Baritone Lola for the can - and my opponent scored Catch and Release.

Meanwhile the Undercover Reporter popped out of nowhere only to be met by Envy’s gatling gun and I scored a Vendetta point.

Score 2 - 2

Turn Three

E8F09848-EB87-4DBE-98B0-31F041D1346A.thumb.jpeg.9aa6bf8fe8e4cee37cdebcabd50eebc8.jpeg54AD573B-0299-4335-B9DC-B13BCEED1D44.thumb.jpeg.41f8dfaf5c339b2db4a4290983160ae2.jpeg

Nellie and Phiona continued kicking cans, while my Saboteur got busy blowing up scheme markers.

Allison finally died a fiery death, but the Guild steward clinged to his life, while the undercover reporter and the pale rider concentrated their efforts on killing off Envy but were unsuccesful, as the diesel cloud was impenetrable.

Allisons death allowed Carlos to finally score his research mission, while Colette burned the False Witness up, denying the second point of that scheme.

Score 4 - 3

Turn Four

F3A7BE8A-FC85-4FDB-BFBD-CDC95BF2AB47.thumb.jpeg.f9b3fa9c782aa36e24e33c0759057e40.jpeg

The Rider and Undercover reporter continued their onslaught, beating it down to 1 wound and with 1 burning. Lola scrambled to help, but her fire breath wasn’t able to do anything - my hand were nothing but moderates this round. Instead Colette kicked the can up the field, then presto-chango’ed into the fight and getting Envy out of the pickle.

Envy and the Mech rider then collaborated in sending the second strat marker 8” up my opponents half, and the rider would finally be able to join the fight in turn 5 (with it’s 15 tokens).

Nellie and Phiona comtinued pushing their markers, while the saboteur fought to blow up Nellies scheme markers.

Score : 5 - 4

Turn Five

My opponent stole the initiative, before I could get models to block the Pale Riders path, and so it disengaged and use it’s pulse to deal 2 irreducible damage, killing off Envy and Lola, and then ran to take up position on Lola’s corpse.

Colette would have none of it, so presto-chango’ed to shift position with the rider, allowing me to score research mission, while denying his chance at it. The mech rider and a flying monkey managed to finally kill off the undercover reporter - and foil his part in research mission, and the saboteur did his best as well, but Phiona and Nellie was no match for a 5 stone minion.

Final score 7 - 6

All-in-all a really great fight. Nellie is a super cool (and annoying) opponent. Allison Dade is a beast.

I should done more to kill the steward, once my opponent had drained his hand, but kamikaze monkeys were foiled by the luck of the draw and I was too scared of his demise to risk my henchmen.

The irreducible damage of the Pale Rider was something I wasn’t prepared for.

I don’t think, I got much from the mech rider, yet without it, I’d had a harder time scoring 3 of the strat points, so I guess that would be good enough - he also drew me 7 cards in the final round, so that’s pretty impressive as well. And he could have been instrumental in research mission as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Regelridderen changed the title to A dirty arcanist need some help to face off vs Nellie ( now with a bat rep ).
  • 2 months later...