Help picking two factions for new players?

Trying to get into malifaux with my roommate, but we are unsure which factions to get.
I thought it would be fun to get armies with very different playstyles, so that we could each try them out and get a full feeling for the game. Also, hopefully, two armies that are good for beginners.
The factions I thought looked fun: Euripides, titania, nekima, dreamer, pandora, Zoraida, Marcus, Rasputina, Zipp, tara, som'er, Misaki, Asami, jedza.
The factions my roommate liked: lady justice and nelly.

Any advice for which armies we should pick? Anything we should pick up other than the core rulebook and two faction boxes?

Well, seems like you're interested in almost all the Neverborn crews, so I would definitely get one of those! Out of the Neverborn crews, I would think Euripides, Titania, Nekima, and Marcus all provide pretty good starting experiences.

Between Lady Justice and Nellie, I'd lean towards Lady Justice. She gives a more conventional approach to the game than Nellie... Nellie has a weird learning curve.

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Well, seems like you're interested in almost all the Neverborn crews, so I would definitely get one of those! Out of the Neverborn crews, I would think Euripides, Titania, Nekima, and Marcus all provide pretty good starting experiences.

Between Lady Justice and Nellie, I'd lean towards Lady Justice. She gives a more conventional approach to the game than Nellie... Nellie has a weird learning curve.

Awesome I really like all of those! Are any of those armies especially different from lady justice in playstyle or would make for a fun play experience in a match with her?

10 minutes ago, Rainer Kannenstine said:

Awesome I really like all of those! Are any of those armies especially different from lady justice in playstyle or would make for a fun play experience in a match with her?

Nekima is pretty similar I think.

Titania brings a bunch of undead, which Lady Justice has a bunch of extra tools against. Not sure how balanced it'll be, but would be super interesting.

Marcus vs Lady Justice is a very interesting match.  Lady Justice wins the straight fight, but Marcus has mobility and tricks.