Anya's Expansionist ability and terrain shenanigans

Hello 👋,

I have a lot of questions regarding Anya's ability “Expansionist”.
I’ll start from obvious to I-have-no-Idea :

1. If you already are in base contact with a scheme marker, if you take the interact action, you still take the 1 dmg, right ?
  2. The hazardous dmg is taken at the end of the action (even if the token was removed during the action) ?
  3. The wording says ”[…] and the area with 1” of those scheme markers as Hazardous.”, not "Hazardous Terrain". "incorporeal" ability says “is unaffected by Hazardous Terrain”. Does the area is a terrain ? IE: can incorporeal ignore it ?
  4. Is the scheme marker now a terrain ?
  5. Is the  area of 1” a separated terrain ?
  6. Is both the scheme and the area around the same terrain ?
  7. Depending on the last 3 questions, can Jedza with “Life of earth” can target :
    1. Just the scheme marker
    2. The scheme + the aura as one
    3. The scheme and the aura
  8. If Grave Goo (as an enemy) is in base contact with the 1” aura, is the aura now impacting Anya crew (when it was not before the goo step on it) ?

Some cases will probably never happen, but everything is kind of intertwined ...
And in this game, every small details count so.

Thanks for clarifying ;) 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Tired peasant said:

Hello 👋,

I have a lot of questions regarding Anya's ability “Expansionist”.
I’ll start from obvious to I-have-no-Idea :

1. If you already are in base contact with a scheme marker, if you take the interact action, you still take the 1 dmg, right ?
  2. The hazardous dmg is taken at the end of the action (even if the token was removed during the action) ?
  3. The wording says ”[…] and the area with 1” of those scheme markers as Hazardous.”, not "Hazardous Terrain". "incorporeal" ability says “is unaffected by Hazardous Terrain”. Does the area is a terrain ? IE: can incorporeal ignore it ?
  4. Is the scheme marker now a terrain ?
  5. Is the  area of 1” a separated terrain ?
  6. Is both the scheme and the area around the same terrain ?
  7. Depending on the last 3 questions, can Jedza with “Life of earth” can target :
    1. Just the scheme marker
    2. The scheme + the aura as one
    3. The scheme and the aura
  8. If Grave Goo (as an enemy) is in base contact with the 1” aura, is the aura now impacting Anya crew (when it was not before the goo step on it) ?

Some cases will probably never happen, but everything is kind of intertwined ...
And in this game, every small details count so.

Thanks for clarifying ;)

I'm not 100% on several of these, but figured I might as well at least get the ball rolling

1 Yes.  You are resolvign part of an action whilst in base contact with hazardous terrain.

2 Yes (FAQ section 3 question 5)

3 incorporeal ignores it. 

4 Technically yes I think it does, although many of the questions get easier if you treat it as just having the hazardous aura

5 No I think its the same terrain (certainly for the purpose of Hazardous terrain), but 

6 II'm not not that the aura area counts as terrain for the purpose of other effects (in a similar manner that things with Hazardous auras don't count them as terrain for most purposes I think)

7 I think its just the scheme marker, but if she can target auras it would be the scheme and the marker as 1, and you could try makign the arguement that its none (if youdon't think the scheme marker is a terrain piece)

8. I don't think this works. 

• Thanks 1