Shooting at Engaged Fireteam - How Many Cards?

JamesFlames

Question

If I want to shoot at an engaged enemy Fireteam, I need to discard a card as per the Engagements rules on p27. If I want each Fireteam in a Squad to fire at an engaged enemy, do I need to discard one card for the Unit, or do I need to discard one for each Fireteam that shoots? If it is just one card for the Unit, does this change if one of My Fireteams fires into a different engagement than another?

Cheers in advance. I couldn't find this in the RB last night during a game and it really triggered my self-doubt!

2 answers to this question

Just checked the book and the FAQ to doublecheck.

During your turn you select a fireteam and give that fireteam an order. The order allows all squads in the fireteam to each take an action and also has some other effect. The specifics on firing into an engagement are "engaged fireteams may not be targetted by :ToS-Range: Actions unless the attacker first discards a card". As each action by the fireteam is resolved seperately you would in my opinion have to discard per action. If they were all being resolved simultaneously maybe it would be otherwise but as it stands it seems to be whenevr you would make an action that targets the engaged squad you need to discard. Similarly a unit with a :ToS-Range: attack on its card and another :ToS-Range: attack on a versatile asset would need to discard for both attacks.

• Agree 1