A cheap source of hazardous terrain for use in pandora

ooshawn

I  was thinking how nice it would be to have a cheaper /less frustrating source of hazardous terrain to use in addition or in place of the mysterious emissary with pandora1/2. Especially if you wanna go heavy on pings+push, you really need that hazardous. Unfortunetly the emissary and the rider both eat up almost 3 lyssa worth of points. If there was some sorta thematic woe that created cheap hazardous that you could pinball a model around through it with all your woes, I think that would really unlock a fun aspect of the keyword. As it is , with pings it's tough to bring down high hp models let alone anything with regen or a excess of healing. Especially these people out here running low river monk and annoying garbage like that

• Like 1

Is the problem that the Whole keyword has a huge amount of pushes in potential, and so if there was an easy source of good hazardous then it could be quite oppressive? 

As I see it at the moment there are 5 sources of Hazardous terrain in faction, Pandora, Tyrant torn, Emmisary, Hooded rider, Iggy and Killjoy. Iggy is the only one that doesn't automatically do damage (as its hazardous: Burning +1). Although if Iggy is near the pyre, you sort of get to add 1 damage to the pyre once per activation thanks to his Misery. 

• 4 months later...
15 hours ago, Mad Mojo said:

Maybe I'm just missing it. How?

Model activates near Candy and gains stunned. Someone uses misery to damage them 1, Pandora uses Expose Fears to move them, with each source of hazardous they move through being another damage. Pandora and the Emissary are each a single source of hazardous, so there was likely some on the board as well or using the hazardous from the Rider

That I can see. Candy stuns, Misery procs and Dora's force move triggers... that accounts for 2 if they roll through hazardous. But for the 4 damage just for activating you have to move a model the 2" and hit 3 separate hazardous terrain areas. I understand the mechanics for a 4 model bubble of death with Candy and the Rider added however, the OP just listed the Emissary and Dora2. That's what I was trying to find the answer to.

To be fair that's almost harder to set than the standard mid field Candy/ Dora1 combo. Lol.

6 minutes ago, Mad Mojo said:

That I can see. Candy stuns, Misery procs and Dora's force move triggers... that accounts for 2 if they roll through hazardous. But for the 4 damage just for activating you have to move a model the 2" and hit 3 separate hazardous terrain areas. I understand the mechanics for a 4 model bubble of death with Candy and the Rider added however, the OP just listed the Emissary and Dora2. That's what I was trying to find the answer to.

To be fair that's almost harder to set than the standard mid field Candy/ Dora1 combo. Lol.

Emissary and Dora2 both also make hazardous terrain.

At only 5 stone, Bultungin 2.0 have the "Homeward Bound" fast tactical action.  It lets them create and friendly terrain marker already in play for the cost of a scheme marker.  No card flip needed.  Problem is you will likely need Emissary to make your initial terrain markers to spam the hazardous.  Just Theory Fauxing here, but 3x Bultungin plus whatever markers the Emissary makes could = 15+ 50mm Hazardous markers. And add that to Pandora 2 aura.  Pretty crazy. Wonder if you could make it work?

10 hours ago, santaclaws01 said:

Model activates near Candy and gains stunned. Someone uses misery to damage them 1, Pandora uses Expose Fears to move them, with each source of hazardous they move through being another damage. Pandora and the Emissary are each a single source of hazardous, so there was likely some on the board as well or using the hazardous from the Rider

I assumed a pyre from iggy, and his misery from the burning, to get to 4.

Not too likely but it was a perfect storm.

13 minutes ago, Autumn King said:

At only 5 stone, Bultungin 2.0 have the "Homeward Bound" fast tactical action.  It lets them create and friendly terrain marker already in play for the cost of a scheme marker.  No card flip needed.  Problem is you will likely need Emissary to make your initial terrain markers to spam the hazardous.  Just Theory Fauxing here, but 3x Bultungin plus whatever markers the Emissary makes could = 15+ 50mm Hazardous markers. And add that to Pandora 2 aura.  Pretty crazy. Wonder if you could make it work?

This is not going to cause more than1 hazardous damage a move, since they are the same type of terrain. ( +1 for Dora).

18 minutes ago, Adran said:

I assumed a pyre from iggy, and his misery from the burning, to get to 4.

Not too likely but it was a perfect storm.

This is not going to cause more than1 hazardous damage a move, since they are the same type of terrain. ( +1 for Dora).

I agree, I wasn't expecting to get more then the 1 hazardous.  I was thinking more along the lines of the disruption to the enemy's movement, and how many individual actions will take damage from that much hazardous.  You could really gum up the works with that many markers, and slower armies will ping themselves to death trying to slog through it.  In theory anyways.

8 hours ago, Autumn King said:

I agree, I wasn't expecting to get more then the 1 hazardous.  I was thinking more along the lines of the disruption to the enemy's movement, and how many individual actions will take damage from that much hazardous.  You could really gum up the works with that many markers, and slower armies will ping themselves to death trying to slog through it.  In theory anyways.

Issue with using bultungins for that is you're suffering 1-2 damage on them for each hazardous they make.

11 hours ago, santaclaws01 said:

Issue with using bultungins for that is you're suffering 1-2 damage on them for each hazardous they make.

True, you would gum up your own ability to get around the table without tearing yourself up.  But, that is also true with most hazardous.  Bultungin at least double as good schemers.

37 minutes ago, Autumn King said:

True, you would gum up your own ability to get around the table without tearing yourself up.  But, that is also true with most hazardous.  Bultungin at least double as good schemers.

He means that you take a damage just for placing the hazardous, and then take another damage from leaving it.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Mad Mojo said:

Yes! OK. Just so I have everything. 

What was the "4 damage just for activating bubble"?

If I understand correctly you'll need to set it up so you have 1 hungry landmarker (Emissary) and another model close to your target with the hazardous aura from Pandora overlapping the hungry land marker. The you have to have Candy and a sorrow both within 4" of the target. When the model activates it will take 1 damage from life leech and gain stunned, which in turn triggers 1 damage from misery and Pandora gets to push it 2" through both the hungry land marker and the hazardous aura for 1 damage from each.

Yes, it does seem quite powerful, but I'm not sure you'll even be able to set it up aganist a decent opponent.

17 hours ago, Hawkoon said:

If I understand correctly you'll need to set it up so you have 1 hungry landmarker (Emissary) and another model close to your target with the hazardous aura from Pandora overlapping the hungry land marker. The you have to have Candy and a sorrow both within 4" of the target. When the model activates it will take 1 damage from life leech and gain stunned, which in turn triggers 1 damage from misery and Pandora gets to push it 2" through both the hungry land marker and the hazardous aura for 1 damage from each.

Yes, it does seem quite powerful, but I'm not sure you'll even be able to set it up aganist a decent opponent.

Agreed.

The OP had originally listed the "oppressive bubble"  as Dora2 and the Emissary.

The "bubble" talk was throwing me. I have played Pandora through all versions and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to pull off 4 damage for activating without another 3 models in the mix... and then only with the perfect storm.

Going to put her new model on the table for the first time on Sunday though and I'll see what she can do.

Thanks to everyone for the answer posts and  clarifications!

5 hours ago, Mad Mojo said:

Agreed.

The OP had originally listed the "oppressive bubble"  as Dora2 and the Emissary.

The "bubble" talk was throwing me. I have played Pandora through all versions and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to pull off 4 damage for activating without another 3 models in the mix... and then only with the perfect storm.

Going to put her new model on the table for the first time on Sunday though and I'll see what she can do.

Thanks to everyone for the answer posts and  clarifications!

Oh, Tyrant-torn is great!

My advice would be to keep her close to the centre, and have a wicked doll threaten her (with your opponets main keyword) early each turn. I had a game a little while ago where she ended up too far from the action, and I think that lost me the game 😥