Only two errata changes

theamazingmrg

Errata is in.  Only two (and a bit) changes for Guild.

Quellers got a huge boost,  I think I like them now, but we'll see.

Ordelies got a mixture.  Mostly positive, but the front of card is much less interesting now.

The bit though isn't really a Guild errata, but the introduction of the Slam General Action.  Just a slight modification to the ability to remove Destructible Terrain, but stops the potential Impassable Pylon issue for Hoffman.  I'm fine with it, tbh.

What are your thoughts?

I'm looking more at the new changelings tbh. I can't decide if the new movement and marker manipulation makes up for losing just like you. 

Orderlies could be worth it for healing, now that they have creep along. 

Slam action and the cap of 5 on all poison and burning are definitely some of the biggest changes. 

• Agree 2

28 minutes ago, Angelshard said:

I'm looking more at the new changelings tbh. I can't decide if the new movement and marker manipulation makes up for losing just like you. 

Slam action and the cap of 5 on all poison and burning are definitely some of the biggest changes. 

Yeah, I was thinking about Changelings but they're technically Neverborn so I left them out.  That marker manipulation for Lucius is very nice

14 minutes ago, trikk said:

Slam is a bit sideways since your models can move Pylons now too

Slam isn't a good thing for Hoffman, as such, but if the alternatives were either a broken play experience in game for hoff's opponent, or a neutering of the pylons themselves, then I'll take Slam any day of the week.

I was never a particular believer that it was really an issue, but I would rather any potential solution was like this than, for example, giving the pylons the Destructible trait and making Hoffman 2 really vulnerable to Blow It to Hell.

It's a rule that won't matter 99% of the time, but might stop someones game getting ruined because one player tried to exploit a technicality, and it really doesn't hurt Hoffman 2 at all.

• Agree 3

On 2/16/2022 at 1:23 PM, Angelshard said:

I just don't like feeling like so much of Lucius is "here is a worse version of other factions". We already have Anya2 minus summons and birb, Seamus minus flintlock and 4 ap, and hucksters without secret passage.  Adding changelings for "worse by your side" feels like it continues that trend.

(I know, I know, all of those have other strengths that might make up for those differences.  I've already been informed of them :-))

Yes, but what changes they were!

Quellers are super good, giving out Adversary to help all the shooters get around concealment/friendly fire or just help out with hand management is always tasty. The 4" push also can get your shooters out of engagement. It's particularly good in Sonnia 2, where the push also means free Thrall attacks if within 8" of Sonnia. Having gunfighter was long called for so they're still good if engaged (although I'd say the staff is their secondary attack). The bonuses are still kind of niche, but good with We didn't start the fire being handy for scheming and and anti-magic field great for when you need to protect key models from triggers or if the enemy has heavy draw and doesn't care about Counter spell.

Orderlies are also amazing. That 6" Creep along will often let them Emergency Surgery twice or just be good scheme runners. Giving out auto staggered on their attack is amazing in Elite and Hold Down is just such a great trigger for Guild (all the guns!). For 5ss, I couldn't take another bite!

Also, Changelings have probably cemented Dishonourable Lucius as Guild's best Symbols master.

• Agree 2