Errata are in 💪

Regelridderen

I briefly thought they could "make" a second Kurigan until I read the caveat that only Swampfiends and Seekers can treat Kurgan as a terrain marker. I mean it wouldn't do anything anyway even if you could target them, you'd try to summon a Kurgan but already be at maximum number of Kurgan in the crew.  Weird side thought that did come off of that though. In a savage crew I take it that if you had a Kaltgiest on the board but no actual Ice pillars a Bultungin would still be able to create Ice Pillars as it can treat the Kaltgiest as one?

48 minutes ago, TimH said:

In a savage crew I take it that if you had a Kaltgiest on the board but no actual Ice pillars a Bultungin would still be able to create Ice Pillars as it can treat the Kaltgiest as one?

"Icy Form: Other friendly models may treat this model as an Ice Pillar Marker. <stuff about removing>"

I'd say yes. You'd create an Ice Pillar Marker, not another Kaltgeist though.

22 hours ago, Saviouress said:

Wouldn't it take damage from creating the Hungry Land Marker, because technically it did an Action in (b2b) Hazardous Terrain?

Based on Step 5 of Resolving an Action, yeah, creating the hazardous terrain in b2b would apply the hazardous effect to the Bultungin as it resolves the action.

Might still be worth it, but good to know before you accidentally willynilly kill yourself dropping markers.

The other big issues with making hungry land is that it is create (so can't start enemies in base contact), and also the bultungin doesn't want to be close to enemies.

The create effect doesn't damage the bultungin. Doing an action while in base contact with the marker does a damage,  so the action creating the marker does the damage.

• Agree 1

On 2/20/2022 at 2:46 PM, Roadhouse said:

I dont think that taking a point making a Hungry Land is a bad trade off unless you're going to 1 doing so. They're already not 1 shotting it so the 1wd probably isn't critical.

I agree, it's more the 2-4th time you do the action, or if you've already been damaged, or using Old Ways, or...

For instance if you make the mistake of doing the following you would be in trouble:

1) Homeward Bound a Hungry Land (1 wound for doing an action in hazardous)

2) Charge enemy (1 wound for doing an action in hazardous)

3) Old Ways the charge attack (1 wound)

4) Take another attack with 2nd AP, Old Ways that attack (1 wound)

...and now you're at 1 health remaining (assuming you started undamaged)

I mean obviously don't do it this way, but the 1 damage for putting down the hazardous in base contact is something to be aware of as the damage can add up quickly if you make mistakes (primarily in order of actions) or need to use your health for Old Ways.

In general, however, 1-2* wounds to put down a hungry lands marker in a spot that is good for you and problems for your opponent is a decent trade.

*You'll take a second if the Bultungin uses an action to leave base contact. I think pushing away from the marker with Deadly Pursuit might not trigger it (though pushing through it would). There could be other effects/abilities/etc.. in Neverborn that could separate the Bultungin from the marker without the Bultungin having to do an action while in contact with the marker.

On 2/25/2022 at 9:51 AM, Cats Laughing said:

I agree, it's more the 2-4th time you do the action, or if you've already been damaged, or using Old Ways, or...

For instance if you make the mistake of doing the following you would be in trouble:

1) Homeward Bound a Hungry Land (1 wound for doing an action in hazardous)

2) Charge enemy (1 wound for doing an action in hazardous)

3) Old Ways the charge attack (1 wound)

4) Take another attack with 2nd AP, Old Ways that attack (1 wound)

...and now you're at 1 health remaining (assuming you started undamaged)

Bultungin shouldn't be charging. They're schemers and are allergic to combat. The only times they should use Old Ways is defensively, so they can take 1 instead of a damage flip.

4 hours ago, extremor said:

Soooo After 4-5 Games with both Lucius Crews I am happy with the Changelings. They now have a true purpose even though the carddraw is reduced. 

Have you tried them in OG "secretary" Lucius? I can easily see their use with Dishonourable as he has the speed to get them places, but it becomes much harder with the Secretary version. What are you using for their Sidekick nodes?

Yes i played 2 in every list with old Lucius as well. I tried cavatica (and was not that much impressed) and Doppelgänger (which I use regularly and which is a good Model to do stuff away from the midst of the battle) and was quite satisfied with Lucius, Scribe, Agent and Doppelgängerin. Tbh i think the free action is way more important than the jump. And the melee attack as well. 
yes jumping seems to be „whoooop“ but I used it 1-2x only each Battle. It sure feels a bit wasted to keep them on flanks or in the back but using them at the best Moment to score is epic. 

• Like 1