What is going on with Greed?

belorey

2 hours ago, SEV said:

Change her attack! 0" is such a pain for a 2/3/3. Make it 1" with 2/3/5.

I'm not a big fan of frantic search either... is so narrow for a bonus action. 

Should she ever be using her melee attack anyway?

Youd hire her for stone users and then her ranged attacks to drain stones seems like her best ability?

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Should she ever be using her melee attack anyway?

As a CR7 player, my answer is yes, definitely.

She's one of the more narrow CR7, but giving sin on her melee is great... if it was not a 2/3/3 0". Both her and Pride have the same problem, but pride tool kit make him relevant... if you don't want to boost pride as well, change it to guitar slam or something...

No idea what she need for Guild, it's not her real faction anyway. I'm fine with her being a niche pick though.

• Thanks 1

Her issue is she is just too squishy for what she does. 

Her defensive trigger is:
a) after succeeding
b) not built in
c) on a df5 model

At least one (or potentially 2) of those things should change to make her not seem like a waste.

Second part is: comparing her bonus to any other SS generation is just bad. I mean if she had Loot Their Corpses she would be better at it. 

Unchecked Avarice can see some usage into bubbly crew but they aren't really picked often in the current meta. It starts to be worth it at 2 and becomes good at 3+ which is hard to achieve.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I do think Frantic Search is super lackluster in a Faction that has Loot Their Corpse on good models.

Building in the defensive trigger seems like it would make her very playable -- consider Candy, for example, as another manipulative hench with bubble effects (and Greed would still be far less survivable). And Greed's trigger still would not be as good as Candy's or a Gwisin's Vengeance, but it would pressure soulstones more.

Guitar Bash really seems fine; melee 0" on a MV 6 model is playable, and Stunning Strike and Crit Strike are both good triggers. Maybe make it 2/3/4 at least?

If you made Unchecked Avarice aura-3 instead of pulse-3, it would add a bit more utility to that ability ... though maybe it would need a cap at that point?

I will say that greed is much better in CR7 than she seems in guild. However even in CR7, she's one of the weakest links. I think she has the potential to do some cool things but those things are very niche and if the opponent ever does feel threatened by her, it doesn't take much to put her down.

Frantic search is bad, guitar bash should be 1" and Unchecked Avarice should do min 1 damage before checking the aura. The front of her card is pretty decent except for the obvious fragility.