The union goes to kick necrophiliac ass!

Regelridderen

Our current league has a new fight.

Corrupted Ley Lines with Corner deployment.

Not considering deployment, I chose Ironsides - because I felt like it, and because I have very few games with her.

Schemes are :

Breakthrough

Vendetta

Assassinate

Catch and Release

Bait and Switch.

My opponent announced :

Dr. McMurder + pooch + stones

Sebastian

Rafkin

2 Flesh Constructs

Nurse

And kentauroi.

I suspect the kentauroi and flesh constructs to do the brunt of the work, when it comes to scoring points.

I made a crew of :

Ironsides + Mouse + 9 stones

Envy

Gunsmith w. Magical Training

Arcane Effigy

2 X Arachnid Swarms with Diesel Engine

I hope to use envy to strip key opponents of Poison, while the Effigy does the same for mine.

The plan is to set Toni up for a fight in the middle and draw all the attention. Supported by my guns to put in the final blows.
Mouse and the Effigy will in turn try to keep every body on their feet.

Meanwhile my little spiders will be doing most of the scoring. I gave them Diesel Engines mainly for the 3” move to ensure they wouldn’t get bogged down. I expect them to be able to handle the Strat + allow me to do Catch and Release and maybe Breakthrough. With the imminent danger of Projectile Vomit, I should probably consider shielding the bubble under a cloud of diesel.

Envy is a fine choice for Vendetta, and both Rafkin and the Kentauroi present themselves as good and soft targets.

As McMurder likes to kill, I’d be surprised if we didn’t end up with a skull saw vs brass knuckles duel between him and Ironsides, so Assassinate seems like a fine choice as well. Staggered will disrupt any nurse shenanigans, so even if Toni won’t have shielded, I believe she’s in a good place vs Doc Death.

Bait and Switch is a dead scheme. If I’d chosen Collette then maybe, but not in corner deployment.

-

Cross your fingers 😊
BD636FAE-DC1A-432B-BFFD-104E6380EFA8.thumb.jpeg.3979e1a0c66bc5c0b60bd8b09e1339a9.jpeg

GAME OVER

Ironsides ended up going for Catch and Release (a spider swarm) and Vendetta (Envy vs Rafkin). 

McMurder decided on Bait and Switch and Vendetta (Kentauroi vs Gunslinger).

TURN 1 I chose deployment zone and dumped the undead behind a large forest and a Lake of lava that caused them endless problems after their T1 poison huddle. 

Meanwhile Toni and her gang went for the center and piled up Focus for the impending onslaught. While sending my spider swarms up my right flank to grab Strat markers.

TURN 2 Was unusually uneventful. The undead chose to avoid the centre and went for the most distant marker on my right. Yet Toni foiled them, taunted a ball carrying Flesh Construct off the objective and making room for my own ball carrying Spider Swarm. This angered McMurder to make a dash across the table to suddenly dump Poison +11 on the poor spider swarm. 

He didn’t like the egg on his face, when the Swarm revealed it’s Catch and Release scheme though. 

Score Arcanist 2 Ressurs 1

3B9F7E3A-94F1-41FC-A1BA-BC2A37AEB9A9.thumb.jpeg.c27a9127f66aa4fb5b1fe32333b0d4d1.jpeg

“Toni tells the drooling heap of bodyparts to Bring it!”

TURN 3 It was time to get aggressive. I had to choose whether the Swarm should run away to potentially score the second C&R point, but with 10 poison I reckoned it would be better spent wasting some of McM’s AP and so it attacked and ripped him of 5 health before getting torn apart in return. Envy pelted poor Sebastian with his Gatling and goaded the ugly runt into charging back - locking Mouse, Envy and the Effigy in combat. While the Kentauroi charged Toni trying to poison her. 

Toni though saw an opportunity for Sheananigans. While kicking some equine ass, she moved into position on the centre objective marker. So when McM murdered the spider swarm, the ball would instantly transfer to her. 

Arcanist 3, Ressurs 2

TURN 4 Poor Sebastian stripped from his poison saw himself trampled to death by thousands of little metal legs. While Mouse and Envy gave Rafkin a good scare and 5 health of damage to score Vendetta

McMurder, the murder puppy and a flesh construct then decided to cover Toni in gore and block her from moving towards the final Strat marker. In return she ripped the pooch in half, which was hardly impressive. 

Arcanist 5, Ressurs 3

A001021E-D7CA-4AA8-B90F-87CD5FFD9ABC.thumb.jpeg.0cf4a9f8d38b85117783bf5e7588bfe2.jpeg

“Poor Sebastian, about to get trampled by tiny feet.”

TURN 5 This was it, this was my moment to shine - and I completely blew it. Envy only had to blast Rafkin off the map, but I forgot to activate her and instead McMurder tore him to shreds. 

Before that. I wasted Ironsides activation. Rather than disengaging and just run off to hit the fourth Strat marker, she wasted a ton of activations killing a flesh construct and McMurder - only succeeding in getting the flesh construct, that really had no chance at making points. So the deadites got a point for Bait and Switch ending the game with :

Arcanists 5, Ressurs 4

-

A great game. I never faced McMurder before, but he performed as expected and so did my counters. Envy was great for stripping Sebastian and Rafkin of their poison and getting a little extra damage. The swarms worked like a charm with their speed, but the +flips to damage came into play more than once and was good for breaking the hard to wound of the undead. 

A model that underperformed was the Effigy. It took a hit from Sebastian, but that was it. I would have been better spent getting a gunslinger or one of the Henchmen that could have put a little pressure on the other side. 

• Like 1