i play my first game tomorrow!

Mr Oogie Boogie

8 hours ago, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

i lost my first game as so'mer, but it was hard to remember every little rule, and remembering bonus actions, then remembering what can do what. lol and figuring out summoning lol.  and when to turn two cards and pick the lowest etc 

Congrats on getting a game. I hope you enjoyed it. It is important to remember that the game can be complex with a lot of rules, and it is one which does reward skill, so if you are playing against experienced people you do need to expect to lose a lot of the early games, at least until you learn the game rules and what your crew can do. Don't get disillusioned, just accept the challenge and keep learning. 

oh im not disillusioned i really enjoyed it, and i dont think losing 2-1 is too bad for my first time. i successfully summoned a spit hog and a banjonista and 4 gremlins over the period of the game, the skeeters were less than useless lol. ive booked in for next week, to use a 30SS  Ulix game,

my crew will be 

rocinate Benoit
little sebastian
The Nightmare
2 minicorns
Ross Jebson
and 5 soulstones

its great to be i na group that gives as much abuse to me as i give to them, where we swear and make sexual innuendos,  and be normal with each other lol, i like it, the club has got the feel of football fans at a football game (uk football) lol its made up of people like me that dont fit in in quieter groups, in groups that dont allow swearing or insults etc. so i feel right at home. lol throughout the game i got help from other club members, by distracting my opponent by running up to him and grabbing his man boob, and trying to kiss him on the cheek lol. was so funny.

but the player was a veteran player, he ressers, and they all had vengeful,  kirai crew and kept injuring me whenever i injured them and she kept redenerating. luckily my spit pig kept regenerating somer lol  im glad the other groped my opponent, and distracted him or i would have been decimated  lol. 

but good fun all round. i had a few beers before i went and something else, to settle my nerves but year great fun. they have 2  boards for malifaux, the others are infinity, car wars, gw etc. i was about to start my 2 hour walk home at 23.00 when one of the guys  gave me a lift home, as he was passing which was great as it was pissing it down with that fine drizzle and i would have been soaked. ive got 2 more free nights to attend before i have to start paying. even met an old ex manager of the GW i used to attend as a teenager over 20 years ago, who remembered me.  

i really enjoyed it. i know my group wouldn't be welcome at most malifaux tournaments due to the foul mouths, and how they act, but they suit me just fine. and i feel like i belong with them. i go to another club next time, wit ha 2 and a half hour walk home, which is a bigger one (over 100 people attend per night they have to have 3 nights and play different games on different nights) they seem a more prim and proper club, a lot bigger. but im gonna give it a go too. it feels great to fit in. be one of the lads. 

im excited for next week. and the clubs whipping boy is back next week too lol the one they all make fun of so i get to make him lol all in good humour of course, banter, all for the bantz. i dont think the people would be your cup of tea though adran.  but again they are all just like me, so i guess im lucky. :) ulix for my second day, then my third day is nellie the elephant :) then im moving upto 50ss games 

• Haha 1

On 2/3/2022 at 2:19 AM, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

i lost my first game as so'mer, but it was hard to remember every little rule, and remembering bonus actions, then remembering what can do what. lol and figuring out summoning lol.  and when to turn two cards and pick the lowest etc 

Try playing some Henchman Hardcore for a few games. It’s a really good way to understanding the mechanics and getting the principles under your skin.

• 5 months later...

I played  my first game that is SLAYER MASTER OSRS. I found it very interesting as it matches my taste. I really enjoyed playing it.

In this game, Players are given jobs by the Slayer Master OSRS, a group of NPCs, that call for them to slay particular monsters. Depending on the skills of the slayer master, each one has a varied minimum fighting level requirement and typically offers longer or harder monster encounters than others.