Tips for a Rookie with Dreamer

Daniel Cruz

Actually one of the rare upside of the Dreamer nerd is the fact you can removed high cards with less fear. 

Before, you had to be careful because Stitch were your only option to bring them back in to your deck. Now Dreamer will do it as well (but you're still loosing a turn).

Obviously it's game dependent but usually I'll remove weak elwhen I can, if there's only moderate+ I'll remove the highest card if I have stitch left. 

On 4/2/2022 at 23:02, SEV said:

En realidad, una de las raras ventajas del nerd Dreamer es el hecho de que puedes eliminar cartas altas con menos miedo. 

Antes, tenías que tener cuidado porque Stitch era tu única opción para traerlos de vuelta a tu mazo. Ahora Dreamer también lo hará (pero aún estás perdiendo un turno).

Obviamente, depende del juego, pero por lo general eliminaré el débil cuando pueda, si solo hay moderado+ eliminaré la carta más alta si me queda puntada. 

I see, so before only the Stiched could recover the cards, so I understand why I have read so much on the forum that the Stiched Together were so good.

Even so, now it is quite difficult to keep many cards out, the little I have played I keep very few out and as soon as I start losing nightmares, I practically do not have cards out.

On 2/8/2022 at 8:56 AM, Daniel Cruz said:

Even so, now it is quite difficult to keep many cards out, the little I have played I keep very few out and as soon as I start losing nightmares, I practically do not have cards out.

As long as Dreamer is in the crew your deck thinning options are gone - but try playing without the Vivid Nightmares ability, and you'll quickly see why change was needed. It's just a shame that most of the crew now have a fairly ineffectual bonus action – unless you bring stitched.

2 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

As long as Dreamer is in the crew your deck thinning options are gone - but try playing without the Vivid Nightmares ability, and you'll quickly see why change was needed. It's just a shame that most of the crew now have a fairly ineffectual bonus action – unless you bring stitched.

Yeah, I think they made a mistake with the implementation there. You can absolutely still use it, but it requires such an investiture of crew design and structure of play, that it's just not worth it.

The problem is they likely wanted to fix the problem (and I do think OG Lucid was an issue) with a single card (the Dreamer), rather than every card with Lucid Dreams.

Have Lucid Dreams give the option to shuffle any of the two kept cards back into the deck? Maybe too much shuffling. Or have it do something in addition to the Lucid effect (Push this model 1/2/3" towards a friendly Nightmare, depending on the value of the card removed from the game.). Give it a mediocre TN if it's otherwise too potent?

But you still could have done it with Dreamer. Maybe something where instead of returning half, Dreamer could discard cards to keep cards removed (something like discard any number of cards from hand to keep 2/4/6 cards out of the game per card discarded). So keeping 6-8 cards out of the deck is doable, but keeping the 20+ that caused it to be a problem, not so much.

17 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

Sí, creo que cometieron un error con la implementación allí. Todavía puedes usarlo, pero requiere tal investidura de diseño de equipo y estructura de juego, que simplemente no vale la pena.

El problema es que probablemente querían solucionar el problema (y creo que OG Lucid fue un problema) con una sola carta (el Soñador), en lugar de todas las cartas con Lucid Dreams.

¿Ha dado Lucid Dreams la opción de barajar cualquiera de las dos cartas guardadas de nuevo en el mazo? Tal vez demasiado barajado. O haz que haga algo además del efecto Lucid (Empuja esta miniatura 1/2/3" hacia una Pesadilla amiga, dependiendo del valor de la carta eliminada del juego). Dale un TN mediocre si es demasiado potente. ?

Pero aún podrías haberlo hecho con Dreamer. Tal vez algo donde, en lugar de devolver la mitad, Dreamer podría descartar cartas para mantener las cartas eliminadas (algo así como descartar cualquier cantidad de cartas de la mano para mantener 2/4/6 cartas fuera del juego por cada carta descartada). Así que mantener 6-8 cartas fuera del mazo es factible, pero mantener las 20+ que causaron que sea un problema, no tanto.

I guess they have decided to leave out Dreamer 1 because they don't know what to do with him and focus more on Insomniac than on him if he fully benefits from lucid dreaming.

because if it is true that it is as you comment at the end you do not have "free action" or that sensation is what it produces.

Still, Dreamer 1 seems like a lot of fun to me and has the power to summon.

if it is true that I want to try Insomniac for its range, mobility and being able to revive chompy

On 2/10/2022 at 1:43 PM, Regelridderen said:

Well yes the nerfed Dreamer is way weaker. That can’t be denied. I still think he is playable and not „nerfed to death“. Despite the fact that nightmare still is a strong keyword and the Dreamer still is a summoner I like to reframe my pov. Like: If I bring LD and Dreamer 1… what I want to do is to get as many weak cards out each Turn and have them in my discard pile next turn. Therefor the deck does get more consistancy even though it is not as strong as pre nerf. 

but tbh dreamer insomniac ist much more fun to play imho 

Lucid Dreaming is still quite good with stitched, its just the cards you are removing change. I aim to remove 3-5 face cards and then attempt to match that in low cards (such that I'm not discarding the high cards due to Vivid nightmares). All things considered, despite the LD cards ending up back in your deck, they're not in your deck for THAT turn and does help mitigate some low flips.

Here's where the magic happens. Stitched are able to, once per ACTIVATION (so even during opponents activations), cheat with one of the removed cards. Typically I use this to secure the hit with a gamble or if I have focused and win the duel naturally, to cheat severe damage. Also, do not underestimate the ability to cheat cards from the lucid pile during your opponents turn when they try to remove key stitched. Sometimes you are forced to remove a moderate card while using LD, these can be useful to limit pressure on your hand and win duels (if your opponent is out of cards, or force negative flips). Between df, armor1, and the ability to cheat from the LD pile, you can make a 6ss model very difficult to remove. On top of this, when they do die, they drop a scrap. Widow can summon stitched off of scrap markers, and as such you can continue to recycle stitched, even after they die, making them very frustrating to stop. Stitched often end up being my tanks and prime damage dealers while insidious are off scheming.

An average stitched activation is often just a LD, focused gamble your life, refocus for next turn. Sometimes I'll charge with the second ap if I really want to tie something up. Often times you can set up combos where you deal 5 dmg with gamble, place an alp you have buried for 1 dmg, make a 'made to kill' attack (ideally with a plus flip from a buried daydream) for min1 and reliably do 7 dmg to a model. Said model is now tied up with an alp who can still activate and is giving out an aura of -flips. It's quite debilitating vs some crews.