playing my first malifaux game but need help making 30ss ulix crew

Mr Oogie Boogie

9 spare soulstones sounds like a lot. I suppose you have wild boars which come with Ulix Core box? Maybe add one to the crew. They are good scheme runners thanks to unimpeded, and strong enough threat to fight weaker scheme runners. You can always grow it it to war pig turn one (if you have those) and murder some enemy models. 

And if you decide to go for a lot of spare soulstones, which can be used by Ulix and major for protection, then probably  you don't need heeling from slop hauler. You could try Hog Whisperer instead. Tools for the Job is really useful ability - not only they can draw  you good cards, but ability to built in suits of discarded card makes them more reliable as pig summoners. 

It seems very light on models and heavy on stones. Unless you have a plan for that many stones I think you would probably be better off with an extra model. (or at least upgrading a piglet to something bigger so they are less at risk straight away and more able to do things). 

I assume you hope to grow those piglets up into something bigger, and are hoping to use the slop hauler to summon more. 

If you have the option you might find the Sow is a little more threat, but still able to summon new piglets for you. 

If you have the option you might want to start with squeelers rather than piglets so you can get to war pigs on the first turn.

Ultimately, there isn't anything fundamentally wrong with the list.  You may find the choices from upgrading slightly complicated, or you may not.  

Good luck and have fun