Ramos has broken out.

Regelridderen

I found him hiding in Germany, and I finally caved in and got the crew - as I always wanted to paint the model, but held back because I wasn’t a filthy arcanist (at the time).

As I’m still pretty new to the filthy Arcanists - only had a handful of games with Colette and Ironsides - I’d love to get some pointers as to how to approach the Machina crew. 

I get the feel at first glance, it’s something about overwhelming the opponent with suicide bombing murder bots. But is there another way? Or how do you go about this optimally?

Thanks 😊

Played with him very briefly early coming back to 3e. He's not as oppressive as Collodi so there's that.

An average turn you're summoning a spider in their face, blowing it up with a tome to summon an Electrical Creation, which you then blow up for three instances of unresisted 2 damage in a pulse. Turn one you're summoning as many spiders as possible to jam into their crew and force 1 damage pings any time something activates.

Of course if you get set up for it he can go off with a flurry of Electrical Bolts but in the <1 game I had with him it didn't come up.

If you played him in 2e the changes to summoning and pass tokens make him very sad. Not that he's bad it's just kind of dull.

4 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

It does sound nasty 😏

What would you imagine would be the lynchpins of a Ramos crew?

Honestly I'd probably bring four mannequins to usher each other into the enemy crew. Ramos is going to spend the game blowing them up and summoning off the scrap. Otherwise you can hire whatever scores you points.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

It does sound nasty 😏

What would you imagine would be the lynchpins of a Ramos crew?

Metal gamin - cheapest walking forge as a source of scrap markers. At least when I played him, that was what I used. Hire 2 and go from there.  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I love running Ramos.  His un resisted damage output is amazing through suiciding his robots and electrical creations.  I also love his unequalled soul stone economy.

I really hope we see his return with this new Witness keyword.  He has clear ties to the Tyrant and to the soul stone geode.  Should be interesting moving forward.