Titania and severe terrains

Lertuga

I am a new player and came across Titania, so I have some questions about the crew mechanics.

At first glance I liked the spawn of severe Underbush markers. However I couldn't grasp the following points:

1) Various models have the "Into Thorns" trigger, which allows to place the target into base contact with an Underbush marker within 2". Does this allow to put the model inside the actual marker or just "base to base"?

2) Does the Underbush Markers count as Severe Terrain? This question came up reading, for instance, the Waldgeist's attack "Tangling roots" which states that while this model is in Severe Terrain, this Action can target any other model in the same piece of Severe Terrain, ignoring range and LoS

If Underbush Markers are considered Severe Terrain my question is: is this referring to the actual same piece, in which the waldgeist is standing or simply every other identical Severe Terrain?

3 minutes ago, Lertuga said:

I am a new player and came across Titania, so I have some questions about the crew mechanics.

At first glance I liked the spawn of severe Underbush markers. However I couldn't grasp the following points:

1) Various models have the "Into Thorns" trigger, which allows to place the target into base contact with an Underbush marker within 2". Does this allow to put the model inside the actual marker or just "base to base"?

2) Does the Underbush Markers count as Severe Terrain? This question came up reading, for instance, the Waldgeist's attack "Tangling roots" which states that while this model is in Severe Terrain, this Action can target any other model in the same piece of Severe Terrain, ignoring range and LoS

If Underbush Markers are considered Severe Terrain my question is: is this referring to the actual same piece, in which the waldgeist is standing or simply every other identical Severe Terrain?

Hello and Welcome

1 Yes you can put the model inside the Underbrush marker.

2 Markers with Terrain traits are considered terrain.

BUT for the waldgiest, it will only allow it to target a model in the same piece of that it is touching, not just terrain of the same type. So no standing in 1 Underbrush and attackign a model in a different one, although you can stand in the underbush marker and attack a model at the far side of it. 

Page 28 of the electronic rule book will give you the rules on markers. An important one to remember is that when you "create" a marker, you can't place it in base contact with a model (other than the model creating it). 

4 minutes ago, Adran said:

Hello and Welcome

1 Yes you can put the model inside the Underbrush marker.

2 Markers with Terrain traits are considered terrain.

BUT for the waldgiest, it will only allow it to target a model in the same piece of that it is touching, not just terrain of the same type. So no standing in 1 Underbrush and attackign a model in a different one, although you can stand in the underbush marker and attack a model at the far side of it. 

Page 28 of the electronic rule book will give you the rules on markers. An important one to remember is that when you "create" a marker, you can't place it in base contact with a model (other than the model creating it). 

Oh ok thanks! That seems more reasonable. However the Underbush Marker is 50mm (2"). So how could be useful for the walgeist?

2 minutes ago, Lertuga said:

Oh ok thanks! That seems more reasonable. However the Underbush Marker is 50mm (2"). So how could be useful for the walgeist?

There are 2 ways they could get use of the underbrush marker. Firstly, 50mm is bigger than their 1" melee range, so it can sometimes allow it to attack things it couldn't normally reach.

Secondly it allows to attack without line of sight, which might be helpful if there are models in the way. 

But they will almost certainly get more use out of the ability if they do it in a patch of severe terrain that started on the table rather than marker that was generated by the models. My forests on tables can easily be 3-4" along one line of measurement, and in there they can have a much increased threat range. 

5 hours ago, Lertuga said:

Planted Roots means they heal 1 if the begin their activation in Severe(which Underbrush are)
Ambush requires being in concealing or discarding, Underbrush are concealing allowing them to ambush for free.

Df and Wp 5 are bad, so the concealing from Underbrush help keep them alive.