Research Mission and Strategy Markers

Maciej

Question

It always was my understanding that strategy markers can count toward this scheme. 

Unless I am wrong with above assumption, don't you feel that this scheme is ridiculously easy to do with currently Strategy pool? Basically each start involves Strategy markers now. So all you need to do is to stand next to start marker, drop one scheme marker and one special. 

If you have a model or a crew creating special markers there is almost no chane to deny it. I keep getting free points for it with bayou bushwackers.

2 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, Maciej said:

It always was my understanding that strategy markers can count toward this scheme. 

Unless I am wrong with above assumption, don't you feel that this scheme is ridiculously easy to do with currently Strategy pool? Basically each start involves Strategy markers now. So all you need to do is to stand next to start marker, drop one scheme marker and one special. 

If you have a model or a crew creating special markers there is almost no chane to deny it. I keep getting free points for it with bayou bushwackers.

Strat markers can be used as the rules call out that they can.  Does this make the strat too easy?  I dont think so.  It really depends on how confidently you can get that 3rd marker type.  Yes a Kaeris / Titania crew can get the 3rd marker pretty easily, but if you're playing something like Lynch or Dreamer you're not really putting down a 3rd marker type and are either depending on an enemy to drop them, or corpses / scrap from killing things.  Which if you're going into a non-living crew you may realize is hard to do.  Similarily once an opponent knows you're doing that strat they either know where you models are going to, or are focused on removing your markers (if able).

In the future as more crews / factions get marker generation it may end up being super easy and may need to change, but there's always been easier and harder schemes in a pool.