Advice needed on Perdita

Paul Otega

Hi everyone, I have the old Perdita crew & a few models extra & was wondering if what else I need.

I have the following models & im looking for any advice on what to add.

Perdita

Fransico

Santiago

Nino

Papa Loco

Abuela

Enslaved Nephilim

Pistoleros *3

Austrigers *2

Pale Rider

any help would be appreciated.

3 hours ago, Paul Otega said:

any help would be appreciated.

Austringers aren't in Keyword anymore, so paying the OOK tax for them is probably not worth it.

You definitely want Monster Hunters. They're packaged with Pistoleros now ($40MSRP), so unless you can get some M2E versions (available in the Wyrd Store for $21, might be available local), or try to sell off the Pistoleros*, it might be better to go a proxy route.
* With how cool the Perdita alt Title is, this might not be so hard, as Monster Hunters were cool in M2E, and Pistoleros weren't, so there might be someone with a need there.

You'll absolutely want to get the Perdita alt Title and Sly when it's released (it was scheduled for this past December, so if it's not this month, it'll be very soon).

Other than that, you've got the Keyword complete.

Effigy/Emissary aren't bad options if you're looking for something beefy, and can add certain things in certain matchups (Aura on both puts a shootfest a little more in your favor), Emissary makes defensive Obey crews (making their own models take extra actions as opposed forcing yours to) sad.

Guild Steward is a good utility choice.

There's a lot of other options, but with "A Por El", "Family Values" and "Nice Shot, Dear", you probably want to keep in Keyword as much as possible.

The action efficiency in this crew can be spectacular. (Activate a model, discard for A Por El, have a lower cost model Concentrate, have it push 4", and then if you're using Perdita Neverborn Hunter, draw a card). Family Values similarly gets multiple AP/card draw, for not a lot of cost, especially with Nino.

• Agree 1

Thanks Morgan, I was looking at the M2e Monster hunters today & will probably go that route. I will certainly look to get the new Perdita alt when it’s released & will look at getting the Effigy, Emissary & Steward at some point later.

another thing how can I get the cards for the miniatures themselves as I have the M1E ones? I’ve down loaded the app, but if possible I’d like to get the cards too?

3 hours ago, Paul Otega said:

another thing how can I get the cards for the miniatures themselves as I have the M1E ones? I’ve down loaded the app, but if possible I’d like to get the cards too?

As @Vangerdahast mentioned, they're available on the Wyrd site.

https://www.wyrd-games.net/resources

That's the direct link to the Resources Page, "Game Cards" links to the DropBox where you can download individual files or by Faction.

33 minutes ago, Adran said:

You can also order them from drivethru rpg. ( I'll add a link when I'm not on. my phone). It's good value for small numbers of cards. 

I dunno if it's just me, but the https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/5162/Wyrd-Miniatures page is difficult to navigate (there's no link to just the cards), and there appears to be glaring gaps (Perdita, Santiago and Abuela as my first three searches all came up blank).

26 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

I dunno if it's just me, but the https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/5162/Wyrd-Miniatures page is difficult to navigate (there's no link to just the cards), and there appears to be glaring gaps (Perdita, Santiago and Abuela as my first three searches all came up blank).

I haven't tried buying anything from it for a while, and looking at it just now, I would agree that it seems difficult to navigate, and may not have easy access to all the cards (I can't find Perdita either) (I've always found it hard to navigate, but at least when I got stuff from it in M2E I was able to find what I want). 

Its still the only way that you can buy small numbers of physical cards. If I were to try so I would probably end up contacting their customer services to help me get what I wanted in the order (and hope that they could help). 

(This might be more effort than getting the files and printing them to card, I don't know.)

53 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Isn't Wargame Vault the place to buy cards?

https://www.wargamevault.com/

You can get Perdita, etc on there.

OK, that's weird. Because there are SOME M3E stuffs on DTRPG. Saw some Explorer's and Ten Thunders the first time, and going back, most other Factions.

So who the Francois knows?

• 5 months later...

Apologies to resurrect a thread but just to add a little extra to the Perdita conversation.

Title Perdita overshadows OG Perdita 100% and upon release I claimed there was no reason to take OG anymore (I still stand by that claim) but when I was using OG Dita a lot I found myself bringing in Phiona quite a bit - she has been tweaked slightly now with an errata but still ticks the boxes as to why I brought her in the first place and that is tankiness and efficiency. She isn't as fundamental anymore with title Dita but still a viable option.

Others that have been overlooked include the lawyer for their obey and shielded plus tools for the job is always good. The Jury for similar reasons to the lawyer and now, for title, the guild mage due to the discard synergy.

With title I see less reason to look out of keyword but the pieces mentioned above are my common takes.

On 7/6/2022 at 6:29 PM, admiralvorkraft said:

I won't play the title 'till it gets an errata so there's that. 

OG Perdita you're bringing in against heavy armor and high model-count crews I think. She has a perfectly decent ap-spam approach to the game, she's just more of a friendly obey crew than an aggro crew. I like her fine. 

What errata are you expecting?

9 hours ago, im_open_to_suggestions said:

What errata are you expecting?

Her summon needs to not do ~3ap worth of work in addition to summoning a model before I'm comfortable bringing her. Her card draw is unnecessarily efficient too, but it's probably fine in a situation where her summon is toned down a half step.