Next purchases for Misaki

Paul Otega

Hi everyone, I’m just going to order the Misaki Core & the Crime Syndicate boxsets. I was wondering what else would be a good fit to go into her crew? 
Im considering the Karmic Debt & Silent Strike boxes next. Would these be good additions?
the other question is what are peoples opinions on Yasonori ?
Any other advice welcome.

thanks

From relativley new player's perspective:
-Minako box is great. Katashiro is great model and you can summon 2 on turn 1 (if you get the cards).
-better option to Silent Strike is Fuhatsu box (or Miss Guided, single model). Fuhatsu is very strong, some say broken. I'm not good enough to judge that, but he's great. He will flip a lot of cards, severes included. And with Misaki's bonus action you can shuffle them back in the Fate Deck, leaving you with stacked deck.
-Yasunori was great before I started playing, and got nerfed, a lot. I recently bought him in hope he'll be useful again some time in the future :)It would probably be better to look at Shadow Fate box, instead of Yasunori.

3 hours ago, Paul Otega said:

Ok thanks for the replies. Minako I will get when she comes back into stock, fuhatsu maybe next & leave Yasunori for the time being.

is the Dark Fate box worth it?

You mean Shadow Fate? I know some people swear by the Shadow Emissary, and it should definitely be on your list as a future purchase (cause it's also a gorgeous model), but if you've got a limited budget, Dawn Serpent does much the same job, and is significantly cheaper. And the pair work well in certain scheme pools, so you can still pick up the Shadow Fate box later.

Go with the Kharmic and the Silent. That should suffice at first.

Yasunori is a great purchase for paint and display, but out of favour when it comes to gameplay - after a short stint of being bonkers broken. 

The Dragons are a great purchase as well, but you should really stay within keyword at first. Get a feel and understanding of all your models and their use before branching out. 

@Morgan Vening sorry yes meant Shadow fate, good to know about the Dawn Serpent, will add it to the list, thank you.

@Regelridderen seems to be conflicting advice about the Silent Strike & Fuhatsu, saying one or the other is better? I’m kinda thinking that you’d only use 1 maybe 2 from Silent Strike box. How many from Fuhatsu box would likely to be used?

4 hours ago, Paul Otega said:

seems to be conflicting advice about the Silent Strike & Fuhatsu, saying one or the other is better? I’m kinda thinking that you’d only use 1 maybe 2 from Silent Strike box. How many from Fuhatsu box would likely to be used?

They don’t do the same thing, and they aren’t mutually exclusive.

-

‘Since you’re new. My advice is to NOT get any versatiles. Instead gather up the full keyword and get some games in to understand the function of all your models and the principles of the game.

Expect to lose. Malifaux is complex, there are few useless models, but their utility is dependent on schemes, terrain, deployment and strategy. Unlike more popular games like 40K, you can’t just get the optimum list. You need to consider the game ahead, and know what your models can do, and how they fit into the keyword. Only once you understand your keyword will you see what it can do, and when you need to bring in extra help.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Paul Otega said:

@Regelridderen seems to be conflicting advice about the Silent Strike & Fuhatsu, saying one or the other is better? I’m kinda thinking that you’d only use 1 maybe 2 from Silent Strike box. How many from Fuhatsu box would likely to be used?

I really like the Samurais! they are powerhouse! same cost has Fuhatsu, a little worse at range, way better in melee, Fuhatsu is a little tougher because of stone. Samurais benefit form minion synergy, they are also versatile so you can use them in any crew for no extra cost, they have focus on bonus action and finally they have anti-armor built in which can be really strong in certain matchups!

all in all they are pretty similar, but I prefer the samurai! I also really like their look! :)

• 8 months later...

I'm a big fan of the Thunder Archers. Good for sniping off scheme markers, handy to stay back in deployment to deny some end of game scheme points, good damage and built in stat on the gun attack. Chi tokens from shared Monk keyword can be really useful to win you duels if the card flips are close. You can stack up Focus on them early on to make the attack duels more in your favour.

Wokou Raiders are also quite useful, built in positive and good damage to their melee option plus the 12" gun gives another ranged option for a keyword that doesn't have too many of them. Their ability to move or remove scheme markers can be invaluable for scoring and denying scheme points.

For versatiles I love the Dawn Serpant, Shadow Emmisarry, Lone Swordsman and Samurai. Dawn Serpant is my most frequent option but depending on the strats and schemes they all add a lot of value. A lot of people rate Fuhatsu but everyone I play against tries to kill him as early as possible so I don't get much use out of him!!

Yasanori is a beautiful model but his current Errata basically rules him out of ever being chosen