Errata 2022 - Ten Thunders

50 SS Enforcer

On 2/4/2022 at 3:33 PM, Cats Laughing said:

So what you're saying is just change his cost to 9 stones and change nothing else. Sounds reasonable, TBH.

No, it seems you misunderstood.  What he mentions is that instead of making Yasunori a low-level Rider, they better lower him to 9 SS and build his abilities based on that cost.

13 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I'm not sure his current level reflects a well-designed 9 stone model xD

You'd probably want to tinker him further.

Sure, I'd actually like a model that would see play with well designed rules.

I'm not sure that everyone got that my previous post was a joke about how bad he is as currently written and not an actual hope for changes. Given the points range for this game, a 1 soulstone adjustment* says 'this model is ok but just slightly costed wrong'. More than 1 soulstone of cost adjustment means that rules for the model are currently effed (in one direction or another) and likely need a full rewrite instead of just a cost change. 

*If the existing cost of the model is in the 1-5 soulstone range a 1 soulstone change is likely the 'rules are effed please rewrite' range as you're looking at a minimum 20% change at that point.

I'd say Mister Graves is a model that needs to be looked at, but I'm not sure what you can really do with him with an errata.  Just by virtue of him being a nephilim in disguise makes it hard for him to serve the purpose he is intended to.

He's meant to be in concert with the main line nearest Jakob, but at the same time he is a total liability due to black blood.  He almost just needs to be shifted into a different role entirely, and have someone else take his place.

I've never really felt the benefits he provides outweighs the risks, which is a shame because I think there is a lot to like about his ruleset.

• Agree 3

Biggest disappointments:

• Yasunori is unchanged and still terrible
  • Graves has big problems in Lynch, unchanged
  • Ruffians...

Looks like they removed "Just Like You!" from the game with this Errata (edit: Malifaux Child still has it), don't know how good Terracottas will be without it though. Nefarious pact is great, it's half of what makes that NB upgrade so OP. We'll see if they can actually serve in this tanking role they seem to be in now. A lot of models won't be able to kill one of these in a single activation, meaning you might have the chance to activate and Mold of the Other so that they can kind of heal up.

Fuhatsu I don't know about. He seems like he's very vulnerable to being tied up now (losing scatter) and he has lost like 40% of his damage potential (losing stones and rapid fire). He dropped a stone though, and has some utility. I can see myself cheating to fail his attack given his new ability and the card draw. He's probably still good, just don't build your crew around him anymore. 

Also, Poison and Burning were capped at 5 damage and non-destructible terrain markers are now able to be moved anywhere within 1" of you by taking the Slam general action. Does this affect much in TT? I don't think so.

Should have changed more models in my opinion.

• Agree 2

At first look i was sad when i read new Fuhatsu, but i think it's the change he really needs. 

Now he plays another league, he is a tool like Swordsman. I can see playing one or another in different pools whils before i coudn't find a game in which i choose Lone Swordsman instead of Fuhatsu, and i think LS It is not a bad pick but Fuhatsu was too good.

4 hours ago, Jinn said:

don't know how good Terracottas will be without it though

It seems to me like they got a major upgrade. They're 4ss significant models that can't be killed by even the biggest beaters in the game without multiple AP, on top of that they draw a card a turn for you. Take the Hit and Mold of the Other are gravy.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

It seems to me like they got a major upgrade. They're 4ss significant models that can't be killed by even the biggest beaters in the game without multiple AP, on top of that they draw a card a turn for you. Take the Hit and Mold of the Other are gravy.

I think sometimes they will be incredible and sometimes quite mediocre.

Like thinking about my usual molly lists, I have no way to kill them efficiently. They're going to eat three attacks.

But a Black Blood crew? They'll be dead the moment anything comes near them.

So it depends on the incidental ping. Will be really good for people who can read and predict matchups I think.

On 2/11/2022 at 4:02 PM, Brilliance Laced Whiskey said:

I'd say Mister Graves is a model that needs to be looked at, but I'm not sure what you can really do with him with an errata.  Just by virtue of him being a nephilim in disguise makes it hard for him to serve the purpose he is intended to.

I'm gonna repeat myself :P change the Black blood into Black Brilliance, so he spreads Brilliance and/or deal damage against non keyword models.

• Like 5

New Fuhatsu is great! He's gone from a resource drain (requiring mass Focus and cards, to do insane damage) to a resource surplus. He hits, he hits. Great. Do damage. He misses, draw a card and then discard a card for a friend to get a non-charge general action. Seems pretty tasty. If needed you can still do pretty good damage with Focus, but can't do (a quite frankly, insane) 26dg (triple severe, double crit + 2red jokers (cause you reshuffled your deck :D )

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jinn said:

on-destructible terrain markers are now able to be moved anywhere within 1" of you by taking the Slam general action. Does this affect much in TT? I don't think so.

It's only Impassable non-Destructible Terrain Markers.  It's not a change that affects TT, it's basically to stop the complaint that Hoffman 2 can block things with Pylons.

I like the change to Fuhatsu.  He's still capable of putting out good damage, but he's also got great utility if you miss.  I'd have liked his Df and Wp to have been increased by 1 though.  Losing SS to mitigate damage makes him mighty vulnerable. 

4 minutes ago, theamazingmrg said:

I like the change to Fuhatsu.  He's still capable of putting out good damage, but he's also got great utility if you miss.  I'd have liked his Df and Wp to have been increased by 1 though.  Losing SS to mitigate damage makes him mighty vulnerable. 

100% it would be great if they increase to df5 and wp4.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just my 2 cents without any testing - 

Terracotta: I expect to use him MORE often, now. He's far more difficult to remove, and can be used in a pinch to protect my more-expensive pieces. I like that. It saves cards that would otherwise have been used to cheat on defense, and makes low-end cards worthwhile for something. Just a personal shield guard for all of our squishy masters. Honestly, I never could find a reason to take them, before.

Fuhatsu: I think I see what they did, there. His own damage output is greatly reduced, his survivability is lower without Soul Stones, but he maintained the same health at lower points, and now a missed attack can be useful (other models can shoot, attack, or disengage). I personally prefer the turret of doom, but I might give this a go and see if the added resourcefulness makes up for all of the lost benefits.

I was going to try out Terracottas in my next game with McCabe, but my opponent declared Nekima and I decided not to risk it. I'll try out Fuhatsu and a Cryptologist instead.

My original plan was to use the Terracottas as bodyguards for the Rough Riders, who can Ride With Me to allow them to keep up somewhat.

6 hours ago, regleant said:

That sounds like the perfect opportunity to risk it. :) 

I've had too many bad experiences with Hayreddin/Nekima Blade Rushing over a group of models and then triggering Black Blood multiple times.

My opponent ended up declaring Nekima 2, so I probably could have brought them without too much risk.