Going to bedazzle some redneck goblins (results are in)

Regelridderen

With less than a handful of arcanist games under my belt, I’ve gotten myself involved in a league and I’m to face off vs. Ophelia - who I’ve never faced before. So I was wondering, if some of you master magician and undermining anarchists could give me a few pointers.

The game is this :

Break the line // Wedge

Breakthrough, Catch and Release, Let them bleed, Outflank, Bait and Switch.

And I’ve announced Colette, aside from her Performers I own the M&SU keyword, Envy, Emissary and Rider - and my LGS will undoubtedly be unable to Stock any new models in time. 

44 minutes ago, admiralvorkraft said:

It's Ophelia. They'll be bringing a lot of guns, might be worth considering The Captain just for Middle of the Storm turn 1 and diving into somebody with his shielded ignoring relic hammer turn 2...

The Captain does indeed look like an auto-include.

I was also looking at Langston or the emissary with combustion engine.

4 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

The Captain does indeed look like an auto-include.

I was also looking at Langston or the emissary with combustion engine.

Dunno how it works out after the nerf (haven't played much since), but a Soulstone Miner is (was?) a decent sniper hunter.

And given Rami is a pain in the ass, throwing something in there to screw back is an option. Quick Retreat lessens how much you can do that, but if it forces Rami off an important position, it might be worth it?

• Like 1

The results are in. The crews were :

Colette + doves

Baritone Lola

Carlos

Captain

2 Spider Swarms w. Diesel Engine

Schemes : Outflank, Breakthrough

vs

Ophelia Overloaded + young lacroix

Francois + coffee

Merris

Sly

Raphael + Coffee

Rami

Raider

Schemes : Outflank, Let

How it went down :

The Performers took the initiative, kicking two cans turn 1. But the sneaky gobbos had set up an ambush on the right flank as Raphael hit Carlos with a tar bomb, and only survived due to eating three stones. Merris joined in on the ambush, but didn’t take into account how fast those spider swarms were, and she got ripped apart. Carlos and the swarm held on through round four killing Rami and a young lacroix, before Raphael put a stop to it. The right flank melee resulted in one point to the performers for a kicked can, and ruined both our attempts for outflank.

Colette took center stage along with the Captain and a spider, and held off Ophelia and Francois, but despite their best attempts, they couldn’t break through to the deployment, instead Colette scored a single can. While Ophelia and Francois scored 2 points for Let them bleed.

The left flank was fairly calm and left to Lola and Sly and the raider, but as Lola kicked her can by turn 1, she could concentrate on killing - then kicking the can past the 8” Mark.

So at the end the score was 4 - 2 to the performers. And I doubt any of us will pick Outflank again ;)

It was my first time running the Diesel Swarms, and boy are they fast. Can’t imagine how Colette was before the Arcanist ‘nerf’. 

• Agree 1

• Regelridderen changed the title to Going to bedazzle some redneck goblins (results are in)