2022 Monthly Painting Challenge - January

Shock & Awe

It was a strange month in terms of painting minis - finished 2 flesh constructs and kentaroi in first few days of January, but this gravedigger waited so long to be painted. Also as part of my procrastination not to finish gravedigger painted few extra minis - sparks, alt rail worker and Mei’s totem. Next month I will definitely paint less minis but trying with quality because I’m not really happy how my guys look now, strange feeling 🤥

BBF976C6-8D7B-4CF3-936A-4037D30BA57E.jpeg

4FB7F924-9D86-4E7F-959F-8C2BAF1122E1.jpeg

7743F910-DF92-4DF0-8FB6-F02E9753F306.jpeg

• Like 9

Wow, looking great everyone! Great start to the year.

I had a good start to the month, getting Harata done early, and made good progress on my other three pledged models despite a few bits of life cropping up (also why I couldn't get to my light box), but they're not quite there and will shift to February. Still, 9ss gets me my pledge, and my Performer crew is happy to have him available.

large.20220131_185731.jpg.bd1b842a92e30f4d57bb7495d7b9f833.jpglarge.20220131_185717.jpg.4d7197c36df112f2db7bd76f95273a96.jpg

• Like 8

Great to see so many diverse contributions and all the styles people are using. We kicked this year off well :) 

Please don't forget to REPORT your SS if you have not done so yet. 

If you are sure you're finished for the month, either put in your SS totals, or claim your mulligan before we roll off into February. 

The Monthly Soulstone Reporting Form

CLICK HERE!

The Soulstone Tabulation Spreadsheet

CLICK HERE!

10 hours ago, muraki said:

Painted a couple of puppet riders this month, which is good as they're fun models, but I also wanted to only paint 1 a month to make sure I wasn't trying to figure out what to paint, haha.  While I enjoyed painting them, I am a bit disappointed that I decided to paint them semi-similar to the pro painted ones, which just shows how far off I am, ha.

ALqy65z.jpg

3jaqagJ.jpg

NzeL6JR.jpg

Super stoked to see someone tackle these. I too was thinking of purchasing those inserts to help "bulk" them up (ie: fill all that 50 mm space :) )  Glad to see this, and I really like your take on them