Hooded rider, emissary and hinamatsu

kaintxu

Hi all,

I’ve not played for a while and will soon be getting back into playing.

I used to be a big fan of the rider, liked a lot hina and was not all that fond on emmisary.

I play dreamer, Titania and Zoraida and reading posts about these I have noticed that rider is barely mentioned with the last 2 and not a lot wit( the first and everyone prefers the emissary. Can someone give me some insight on the emissary please? I’ve always seen the rider as more resilient, better beater and more manoeuvrable, so if you guys can give me a bit of a run through on why and how to use the emissary I would reall6 appreciate it.

also, could you point me to good situations when to use rider and hina?

thanks

They all served different purpose. They're all especially good with Z. Emissary is almost a game model and I often play it alongside ruder in a Titania elite crew.

With Z, I like to hire rider to get out of corner. It's generally a good beater to give fast to.

Hinna is great when you know that your opponent won't have tech against armor. She's a powerful and versatile models. She can be quite tanky especially with Vasi as a support.

Imo all 3 are the cream of the crop of Neverborn versatile. 

• Agree 3

Never faced the Rider,

from an opponents perspective, Hinamatsu is nightmare, great model, high mobility, annoying as hell. also she provides a lure which can be great.

The emissary is a very solid model and can provide great boardcontrol with his hungry Land Markers and is more or less stapled to all Titania and Zoraida Crews that i play against.

Just give your in Keyword models some Playtime at some point, maybe you can find a use for them too :)

Same as @Regelridderen  

emissary is an interesting  Model in zoraida and titania since I Play 2xWaldgeist in nearly every Game with both… nice synergies. 

Rider i rarely use. I don’t like it that much and it seems to be „Not my kind of gameplay“… 

I use serena bowman against armor and incoporeal Heavy Crews.

hina is flexible in many Crews and Van be a decent flank Model. 

So you want the Emissary in stat/pool where you can justify its 10ss... Mostly centerbrawl. It's still a 2 ap expensive enforcer. If you can't maximize those AP, you're probably better with something else.

Obviously terrain help. Big piece of  severe terrain are juicy tool for the Emissary. It also thrives with stagger synergy but its effective by itself.

It will help with research mission a bit (but this is not enough to hire it). Its a great claim jumper (tanky+planted root). Be careful in vendetta pool since it an easy target (you migh be better with an effigy + upgrade).

It's a good model for Leyline. I like him in turf and BTL, but you need a strong pool to hire ot in symbols imo.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, extremor said:

I specificly love to use emissary with Good combos:

-widow weaver, Waldgeist etc. for droping or creating severe, conceiling markers

-Zoraida or Lucius for obeying and copying so you get the Most out of your emissary. 

-against bubbly Crews so the blast does the Trick. 

Zoraida, unlike Titania, does not create as much severe terrain why is he so good with her?

also, even with Titania and all the underbush, these are only 50mm, wh6 are the6 so good with emissary? They do not extend his range that much as it’s only within the same severe terrain piece right?

1 hour ago, kaintxu said:

Zoraida, unlike Titania, does not create as much severe terrain why is he so good with her

Obey and better card draw.

Not only can Zoraida obey the emissary to get more attack out of it, she can also obey enemy models to get them into severe terrain and/or next to other enemy models first to set up the emissary's attacks. Then on top of that Zoraida has some absolutely disgusting card draw with Bokors and she can just draw an entire new hand on her own if you want to. Once you actually get the hazardous terrain out now any obey can be doing damage thanks to it.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, kaintxu said:

Zoraida, unlike Titania, does not create as much severe terrain why is he so good with her?

also, even with Titania and all the underbush, these are only 50mm, wh6 are the6 so good with emissary? They do not extend his range that much as it’s only within the same severe terrain piece right?

His draw is not his melee, but his cast action. The blasts drop Severe/Haz which is huge vs almost everything in the game, the other part is opposing models are at negs to resist when in Severe Terrain so they can't cheat. With Z specifically this means you can unload on them with an Obeyed Emissary, dumping your hand while they can't cheat, then bonus for a new hand, breaking the parity of the draw.

With T he gains lots from Underbrush, but the sauce is it turns Into Thorns into +2 instead of +1, as it makes Hazardous you can throw them into.

• Agree 1