(Spoiler for Malifaux Burns) The future of Leveticus and the Horsemen.

Swarmlord1231

Hello everyone! I am a big Leveticus fan and I was hyped to see the callback to rider Levi and his lore entry is intriguing, as we know through the dead man's hand wyrd isn't afraid of killing character, but Levi seems to hold a great piece of importance along with the other horsemen, so what do you think is the future of Levi and all the other horsemen?

7 hours ago, admiralvorkraft said:

Gods I hope they all go dmh. Levi has well outstayed his welcome as a central character imo. Let this be his big destiny moment and write him out.

While I'm not actively rooting for it, I do think there's a problem trying to balance four 11SS versatile models.

It's different to a Master, or a Keyworded Henchman/Enforcer that utilizes that Keyword, because the Keyword itself is supposed to be balanced. You get exceptions (Alyce pre-nerf, and Mad Dog stand out), but it's a little harder with Versatiles at that cost.

The Fluff has Leveticus stuffed with Destiny for a long time now. I for my Part do not hope that the Riders or Levi vanish completely, but then i seldom like it for my miniatures to be written out of my favourite Tabletop. I can imagine that he screws up because he doesn't believe in his Destiny and a lot of Creation gets put through the wringer because of that. Also the Connection to Zoraida is still unexplored somehow, also her connection to Jack Daw and so forth.

I'm very much interested if the story will deliver on any of these points, because most of it seems to be utilitarian to keep a lot of lose ends flapping around to pick and choose from. I mean Malifaux burns again leaves more questions open than it answers.

Anyhow: why has he been chosen?

as for the game mechanics, has anyone put it on the table already? i know i want to someday, but any results from testing it?

I’ve played the list several times now and I love it. It looks and feels very different from most other lists. The cost of running such a list was really the main complaint back in m2e. Now that we have the puppet box, it’s actually one of the cheapest lists to run.

In terms of power, I think it’s totally fine. You are very restricted in your hiring pool so counter play can be tough. The riders themselves have exportable weaknesses and experienced players will know how to handle it. 

The list really exists as a thematic piece. I can see how Levi being the “chosen one” could eventually lead to his inclusion into the DMH club one day. I do hope that this list will live on though. Fate will always need a champion after all. 

6 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

Unless you REALLY don't like the concept, Puppetpocalypse should be out later this month.

Four riders for a little more the price of one ($35 for all four, vs 4x$30).

WYR23904_TwistedAlternatives_Puppetpocalypse_Front.png?format=500w

I really do adore the concept, especially if serious looking Leveticus rides into battle alongside a bunch of puppets on stick Horses

but the wyrd shop lists them as sold out and the situation in Germany regarding wyrd models is...mediocre...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gheist said:

I really do adore the concept, especially if serious looking Leveticus rides into battle alongside a bunch of puppets on stick Horses

but the wyrd shop lists them as sold out and the situation in Germany regarding wyrd models is...mediocre...

Currently they haven't been released, although they were pre-released at the birthday sale.

They are now scheduled for a January release (Delayed from december), so hopefully you will be able to get them early on in the new year

I preordered the Horseman Puppets and I have the special release puppet set...

So I think I can convert Puppet Seamus and Puppet Hooded to go with the other 4 horseman.

Than I have to choes between : LJ, Judge, Vick or Misaki to be transform in to Hollow Waif and I'll have a full Puppet Leveticus crew 😀

• 2 weeks later...

Update : The pupetapaocalypse box arrived... and the horsemans are REALLY small 😪.

I was expecting something on scale with the puppets hooded that already exist but they're way smaller... it makes no sense for a SZ3 model, especially on a 50mm base. I'm so disappointed 😞

5 hours ago, SEV said:

Update : The pupetapaocalypse box arrived... and the horsemans are REALLY small 😪.

I was expecting something on scale with the puppets hooded that already exist but they're way smaller... it makes no sense for a SZ3 model, especially on a 50mm base. I'm so disappointed 😞

If you want to get creative, perhaps you could build little stages for them and turn them into an actual puppet show?

Then it'd make sense and still fit the bases well, and actually end up being sz 3.

Bonus points if the four can be pieced together to form one stage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

If you want to get creative, perhaps you could build little stages for them and turn them into an actual puppet show?

Then it'd make sense and still fit the bases well, and actually end up being sz 3.

Bonus points if the four can be pieced together to form one stage.

Great idea. Totally stealing it!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SEV said:

How small is small? Any chance of a picture with a "normal" model, for comparison? Footbound Levi, maybe? But anything relatively common would do.

15 hours ago, SEV said:

Yeah they are a bit smaller than I expected... which is mostly that they dont come with any scenic base to put them on which is why I'm going to copy the set that wyrd got commission painted and use wyrdscape bases to bulk em up a bit.

262900755_474734260684526_13181125728029

• Thanks 1