From the circus into the mines

Regelridderen

I’ve had a lot of fun leaving my creepy kids neverborn on the shelves and play around with Coopers Freak Show (Colette).

Now, I’m aching for setting the world straight and uniting the workers with my girl Toni.

Listening to podcasts (the infamous Mr. @Douglas Scoundrels seems to the foremost expert on class warfare), yet I’m wondering if there are ways to play her, beyond the joint bubble’o’fun meatgrinder of Toni and Howard?

So please give some inspiration, regale with your tales of stickin’ it to the man. Who were your MVPs and how you like to approach the tabletop?

One thing that I've really come to understand about Toni is that she is 100% expendable. Injured workers act is amazing but luckily it also comes with Amina. This lets Toni shrug her responsibilities as a support piece and go full disruption. Let Amina take over as the boss and let Toni punch things. 

With just a little bit of adrenaline, you can turn her into a missile. With 4Ap she can likely charge into the heart of the crew turn 1. From there, if you positioned her well, she can coast by on her adrenaline and really gum up a bulk of the opponents crew. She'll almost certainly die, but usually that delay has already put the opponent so far behind that it's going to be difficult to come back from. 

Now obviously this is very dependant on the opponents crew. There are certain crews that would chew her up immediately, or would be able to control her to a point of irrelevance. Knowing when and where to committing her is VITAL to her success.

Luckily in those situations, you can fall back on her as more of an opportunistic support fighter. Pulling out key models into the bubble of death, zipping across the board to complete a clutch scheme. She's quite flexible in what she can be doing in a given turn.

With Toni2 now out, she's extremely difficult to counter, which makes both versions work even better.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Yeah I just went over my most common playstyle, otherwise that recording would have been even longer. Dive crews involving Toni, one of her 10ss models and a support model or two (everyone else goes and scores) have worked on a lot of close deployment games. I've heard multiple times running two smaller groups with Amina manning the other one has play, but I mostly see my opponent just gunning down the Amina group (still could work for you).

As said above, Toni1 is completely expendable, just make sure she's a massive pain in the *ss for as long as possible. Toni2, however, is considerably less so.

• Agree 1