Arcanists Starter Wishlist/Speculation

Jordon

I am really impressed with the latest Neverborn starter. All versatile, some specific keyword synergy, plus a new keyword that binds everything together with it's own unique synergy/theme. To me that is exactly how a starter should be done.

So applying that same structure, I was wondering how it could be applied within Arcanists. Something that has universal appeal but also a bit of specific synergy for particular keywords. So it got me thinking of what  I'd like to see.

When I think about a sub theme that could work in multiple keywords (and something that we lack currently) I think of poison. Marcus has a tiny bit of poison theme but nothing that really ties it together as a viable package. Likewise Sandeep has obvious ties with the poison gamin but noticeably lacking the poison golem. Colette also used to have a bit but has seemingly moved away from it in M3E. 

Henchmen: Chimera, Versatile - Maybe some kind of venomoligst/botanist/antropologist. Manipulates poison and has some mutation synergy. 

Enforcer: Elemental, Versatile - Poison Golem. Hopefully has some marker generation of sorts to tie in better with Sandeep.

Minion (2): Versatile - Alchemist. Basic condition manipulation with a bias towards poison.  

What would you like to see from a new Arcanist starter?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jordon said:

Minion (2): Versatile - Alchemist. Basic condition manipulation with a bias towards poison.  

Could probably fit into M&SU or Foundry, but the latter causes the same concern your Henchman does, in that it'd be an expensive thing for a Ten Thunders (or Neverborn for the Henchman) to complete their keyword.

I mean, I love the concept, and would absolutely purchase it as is, but there are people who play only one faction of a Keyword, and it's already an issue with the Alt-Master packing.

2 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

Could probably fit into M&SU or Foundry, but the latter causes the same concern your Henchman does, in that it'd be an expensive thing for a Ten Thunders (or Neverborn for the Henchman) to complete their keyword.

I mean, I love the concept, and would absolutely purchase it as is, but there are people who play only one faction of a Keyword, and it's already an issue with the Alt-Master packing.

I totally understand the complexity of multi keywords and duel faction models. However I also feel like it's becoming a standard for many miniature games and a valid strategy for companies to keep people investing in their products. It also cuts back on product skews which helps out retailer from what I hear. 

I will say that in this case, you can at least take the starter as its own self contained crew for a henchman hardcore. So while you might only need a single model, there's nothing preventing you from being able to use the rest of the box. Crossroad 7 have the same issue.     

If I played Guild Lucius, I would still grab that Neverborn Grim set even if I could only use Klaus. If the box is done well enough, I'll find a way to use those other models :D

• Agree 1