Eva Havenhand with the new Basse

Usjdkdb

So I've been thinking about this since the worm was released, but I think with the new Basse it might be even better. So basically you wanna hit "Lock Away" on a Dust Cloud which creates a 50mm+1" bubble of fuck-you-energy. If you go with an elite crew, to gain pass tokens so turn 2 initiative is in your favor you could potentially close down the entire centre of the board on the top of turn 2. 

That is the idea anyway. Has anyone tried something like this before or has any good expieriences with Eva?

The list I am currently thinking of is for "Corrupted Leylines", but I would like to reduce the amount of models by one further to be honest :

Badlands Sheriff

Bernadette

Jonathan

Sand Worm

Eva Havenhand

Pearl Musgrove

Rough Rider

Crockett

Could this work? Pearl is there as a healer of sorts, while the heavy hitters want to control the center. Bernadette and the Roughrider are supposed to be my schemers for Lodestone.

Looking forward to some inputs. Cheers in advance :D

22 minutes ago, theamazingmrg said:

Charge Reichart in, dropping a Dust Cloud, then Eva gets to shoot the engaged model with a :+flip:+flip(Ungentlemanly Affairs coming into its own with the Friendly Fire and Concealing)), triggering Coordinated attack for an extra attack from Reicharts claws...

I only wanted to use it for the Lock Away, but if there are even further synergies. Maybe it works. I'll try it 2moro and will report on it. That tactic probably works with the sandworm aswell.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Usjdkdb said:

So I've been thinking about this since the worm was released, but I think with the new Basse it might be even better. So basically you wanna hit "Lock Away" on a Dust Cloud which creates a 50mm+1" bubble of fuck-you-energy. If you go with an elite crew, to gain pass tokens so turn 2 initiative is in your favor you could potentially close down the entire centre of the board on the top of turn 2. 

That is the idea anyway. Has anyone tried something like this before or has any good expieriences with Eva?

The list I am currently thinking of is for "Corrupted Leylines", but I would like to reduce the amount of models by one further to be honest :

A few points - If you try to control initiative at the start of the turn, you have done so at the cost of letting the opponent get the last activations of the last turn, which might screw up some of your scoring, or allow them to move the models that are keeping the dust cloud beyond the turn. 

The Locked away marker doesn't really stop your opponent from scoring corrupted leylines, it just forces them to avoid that area if they want to fight. It certainly helps you to control an area of the board, but I'm not sure that the control you have is always easy to turn into points. 

It sounds like a tactic that works when your opponent doesn't expect it, and one that relies on you winning initiative, and I have too high a track record of not being able to win initiative even with bonuses to play a style that relies on it. 

But try it, it may well work for you. But the challenge is getting it to work when your opponent expects it. 

4 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

High crow also allows the Shadow Pin to give Staggered, making it harder for the opponent to get models engaged out of there.

It's a pretty sticky tarpit.

True, but its a fair amount of effort to make sure the model is in the right place that it has concelament from Eva. Part of the Dust cloud needs to be between the two of them. Its not impossible, but it is reliant on the opponent not knowing what you are doing. 

Alright, I played it today and the matchup was, eh, lets call it unfortunate. I was facing the new Mei Feng and trying to shut down her movement, even slightly is basically impossible as she throws a scrap marker 8" without needing LOS.

Eva herself played really well. The bubble did work and scored me at least 1 Point, she threatened to score 2 further points but my opponent was able to stop her.

I will try to play this Crew a bit more bubbly next time to force my enemy into the bubble with my lures.

Tl;dr: I lost, but the idea requires further testing and does remain promising

• Like 1

Played it vs Molly today.

List was:

Basse Titel

Bernadette

Reichhardt

Eva

Rough Rider

2x Pathfinder

Frontiersman

8Soulstones

Did it work? Hell yea it did. We played Wedge Deployment and Break the Line. So I had 4 of the markers in his half by the end of turn 1. Protected the center two with the bubble of Lock Away and the others she couldnt reach. Molly had Assassinate, so I needed to go through all 8 Stones by the end of turn 2. Basse had only taken one damage. Turn 3 and 4 Molly couldnt find the LoS required to remove the Dust Cloud and Archie couldnt move at all. He was simply stuck there (Archie, a Frontiersman and one Objectivemarker blocked the LoS). Wanted Posters is amazing aswell, and came in clutch a few times. Frontiersman? I really underestimated what he could do, man they are good. 

Eva herself? Denied Archie for 2 Turns, prevented Assassinate, I had Martyrs on her, she didnt even die and would've scored the second point of Research Mission aswell. Overall scored me at least 2 points and denied 2 aswell. Absolutly amazing if it works.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/25/2021 at 11:38 PM, Usjdkdb said:

I was facing the new Mei Feng and trying to shut down her movement, even slightly is basically impossible as she throws a scrap marker 8" without needing LOS.

I'm pretty she needs LoS for for that drop.

I asked about this in the beta and everyone told me she needed LoS.

FAQ section 2 question 10.

*If a model would place an object “anywhere within range” of an Action, does it need to have LoS to that range?*

a) Yes. The range of an Action includes LoS. The only exception to this is if a model is placing itself it does not need LoS.

From that the lay track action has to drop the scrap marker completely within range, so Mei does still need to be able to see it. 

That said, its still virtually impossible to stop her movement unless you can remove all the scrap

• Like 1