The Krugan in Titania

Sprixus

I feel the Krugan is going to be an amazing piece in Zoriada but even more in Titania taxed in. It can push titania up ~9" turn 1, which is significantly more than Rex and Rougarou. Also combos so well with Mysterious Emissary and Titania's attacks.

The ~8" severe terrain aura is kinda nuts. To the point I'd even consider bringing waldgeists.

Thoughts?

Screenshot_20211124-131936.thumb.png.66234433b89d47faffb71c668a2bb7f3.pngScreenshot_20211124-131944.thumb.png.152adc65e8f4615be5c5207c643d8857.png

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

One issue I keep running into it for turn 1 places is that it is when the Kurgan activates, so you have to use a movement trick to get full value out of the Kurgan place... In which case why not just movement trick your actual target?

That said, it still gives like 4 extra inches which is not nothing...

Well in this case you could move the Kurgan up, then when the Kurgan activates you yeet Titania up and then Avalanche her forward, which is a lot of movement on Titania before she activates. But this does require hiring another model to move the Kurgan first, which runs into other problems because what am I taking out for the Kurgan? If I'm taking out a Rougarou then now the Kurgan is possibly the only model giving any movement, and at that point it's just strictly worse than the Rougarou unless there's impassable terrain in the way. I'm definitely not replacing a beater to *maybe* get 1 extra attack with Titania turn 1.

• Agree 1

New Titania Crew (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 7
Leader:
  Titania
Totem(s):
  Gorar
Hires:
  The Kurgan
  Mysterious Emissary
  Waldgeist
    Ancient Pact
  Waldgeist 2
    Ancient Pact
  Rougarou

This is probably something that I would run if it was going to be a "need to hold an area" type pool. Although, funnily enough, it'd likely be the Emissary I'm leap frogging forward rather than Titania. Rougarou pushes Titania and the Kurgan forward, then the Kurgan yeets the Emissary forward, if I have a low ram it'll charge and yeet the Emissary forward again with Heave, then avalanche if needed or just walk forward and put up the severe aura.

The main thing is that there will need to be something to stop the Kurgan's push so that it's still within 3" of the Emissary, since the Rougarou's push isn't and "up to" push.

11 hours ago, santaclaws01 said:

The main thing is that there will need to be something to stop the Kurgan's push so that it's still within 3" of the Emissary, since the Rougarou's push isn't and "up to" push.

Starting placement? If you start the Kurgan 3" further back (Or partially to the side so the "away" still gets you to the right place)you can still get the push to end 3" from the emissary.

On 11/24/2021 at 3:24 PM, santaclaws01 said:

Well in this case you could move the Kurgan up, then when the Kurgan activates you yeet Titania up and then Avalanche her forward, which is a lot of movement on Titania before she activates. But this does require hiring another model to move the Kurgan first, which runs into other problems because what am I taking out for the Kurgan? If I'm taking out a Rougarou then now the Kurgan is possibly the only model giving any movement, and at that point it's just strictly worse than the Rougarou unless there's impassable terrain in the way. I'm definitely not replacing a beater to *maybe* get 1 extra attack with Titania turn 1.

I mean if you want to to get another couple of " out of it. You could just run Malisaurus and tailwhip the Krugan. However, compared to Rex or rougarou you still get 8"+30mm minimum from Krugan. And your not *just* taking Krugan for the push. It's also a moving 6"+50mm diameter severe terrain for roots from below and awakening hunger, and adds a lot of efficiency to charges using "target anything in the same piece of terrain, melee attacks.

• Like 1