Sandeep Desai. Font of Magic. "One with Everything" abilitie.

Rex4r

Question

One with Everything: Friendly Academics and Elementals may ignore the effects of friendly terrain Markers and the effects of other friendly model’s Demise Abilities and Shockwave Actions.

What actually means "may ignore the effects of friendly terrain Markers"?

1. Can friendly models ignore Hazardous Terrain?

2. Can friendly models ignore Severe Terrain?

3. Can friendly models ignore Blocking Terrain? Pass LoS through it? Ignore Shadow from it?

4. Can friendly models ignore Impassable Terrain? Move through it?

10 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Rex4r said:

Walk through Ice Pillar it's not a problem, many models can move through Impassable Terrain while moving. 
But if "One with All" allows the model to completely ignore Impassable Terrain while Sandeep is alive, then the model can stand on impassable terrain.
This can be a problem if Sandeep is killed while the other model is standing on the Ice Pillar.

The FAQ tells us that if you ignore Impassable terrain you can walk through it, but you can't end your move in it. (section 3 question 8 ).

So my guess is the answers are

1 Yes

2 Yes

3 Yes, Yes, Yes

4 Yes, Yes, but not end overlapping it. 

• Thanks 1

The wording "effects of friendly terrain Markers" is misleading, since I never saw the concept of "effects of terrain" anywhere in the rules.

I can assume that in the Terrain Traits section (Core Rulebook, pg 37) there is an enumeration of Traits and their effects. If non-bold text is terrain effects, then the "One with Everything" ability allows you to ignore it and pass through Impassable Terrain and draw LoS through Blocking Terrain.

image.thumb.png.f33673e20aeb08bd962fa63f083073c7.png

Your questions should include the text of freindly terrain markers.

Does ignoring all these things on friendly terrain markers actually cause any problems in the game?

He's a master of elements. Does letting an Ice golem stand in or walk through an ice pillar break anything?

50 minutes ago, diki said:

Your questions should include the text of freindly terrain markers.

Example of friendly Markers:

1. Ht 4, Blocking, Destructible, Impassable Ice Pillar Marker
  2. 50mm Hazardous (Burning +1) Pyre Marker
  3. Ht 2, Blocking, Destructible Decoy Marker (you can hire Colette)
  4. Ht 4, Blocking, Impassable Pylon Marker (or you can hire Hoffman)

50 minutes ago, diki said:

Does letting an Ice golem stand in or walk through an ice pillar break anything?

Yes, it can break rules some time. 

Walk through Ice Pillar it's not a problem, many models can move through Impassable Terrain while moving. 
But if "One with Everything" allows the model to completely ignore Impassable Terrain while Sandeep is alive, then the model can stand on impassable terrain.
This can be a problem if Sandeep is killed while the other model is standing on the Ice Pillar.

On 11/24/2021 at 2:33 AM, Rex4r said:

The wording "effects of friendly terrain Markers" is misleading, since I never saw the concept of "effects of terrain" anywhere in the rules.

Did you miss the callout box "Unaffected by Terrain" on the lower right of the page that you included a screenshot of?  And the FAQ entry?

*What does “ignoring Terrain” mean?*

a) A model that ignores Terrain ignores and is unaffected by all of that terrain’s traits. If the Terrain is Impassable, the model may move through (but not end in) the terrain as though it weren’t there. Ignoring terrain does not allow a model to ignore the vertical distance of that terrain, so if the model wanted to move on top of terrain, it would still need to move that vertical distance using that terrain’s Climbable Trait.

That, by the way, is part of the answer to "What happens if you ignore an impassible terrain marker?"

10 hours ago, solkan said:

Did you miss the callout box "Unaffected by Terrain" on the lower right of the page that you included a screenshot of?  And the FAQ entry?

I've seen both of them. But I'm not sure if "ignore the effects of terrain Markers" equal "Unaffected by Terrain".

10 hours ago, santaclaws01 said:

"A model that ignores Terrain ignores and is unaffected by all of that terrain’s traits"

Yes, but "One with Everything" allow to ignore the EFFECTS of terrain, not to ignore the Terrain.

Difference in wording raised doubts.

But I see that most people think that "ignore the effects of terrain" and "ignore the terrain" are the same thing. Ok.