So a few questions after playing a game or two with the new starter set…

OracleToronto

Question #1 and this is my main one … if I am understanding this right … Kirai and Sonia only get 18 script worth of models while all other commanders gain 22-25. While I could MAYBE be convinced that Kirai has the ability to summon models to make up the difference (though through now small amount of effort) I can not for the life of me understand why Sonia would be given 7 script less than other masters. 

maybe there is something I am missing with crew selection and/or Envoy rules? 

my second question is regarding the Revenge ability on Kirai, Ikyrio, and Gwishin … it is an aura and states after resolving … does this mean even if a fireteam with this rule is killed by the attack the attacking model still receives the st 2 hit? 

So I’ve tried kirai as a second commander and definitely think she’s worth the scrip in summons. She took me a little to get used to but keeping the extra units coming made a massive difference in game. 

As a solo leader it might feel different as the court units don’t have much in the way of strength. But they can hold their ground and disrupt scoring. 

Sonnia looks like she can do a ton of damage efficiently. The ability to use the damage card for the area flip is really potent. Takes all the variance out of area damage. And on top of that doing area 2 is nuts. Absolutely nuts. 

Even if your opponent is spreading out she’s having an impact on the game. Plus she generates cards. She looks really good. Is she 7scrip down good? I’m not sure, but I think she might be. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Metalhed said:

Sonnia looks like she can do a ton of damage efficiently. The ability to use the damage card for the area flip is really potent. Takes all the variance out of area damage. And on top of that doing area 2 is nuts. Absolutely nuts. 

Even if your opponent is spreading out she’s having an impact on the game. Plus she generates cards. She looks really good. Is she 7scrip down good? I’m not sure, but I think she might be. 

With summoning and a free Ikyrio I can get the script difference with Kirai - though as hard hitting Sonia is 7 script is a unit plus some - though I honestly do not have enough experience in ToS to know … I just thought there might be something obvious I was missing 

• 2 weeks later...