i have a question about nytemare (or however its spelt) lord chompy bits

Mr Oogie Boogie

It says hes a tyrant, but dont the tyrants want the death of humans and neverborn? but chompy has sided with the neverborn

and for a monster who gets power from invadin human and neverborn dreams, wouldnt destroying all life actually be the opposite of what he wants as if nothign is alive there are no nightmares or dreams for him to go to?

and does that mean hes neverborn or tyrant?

and if  hes a tyrant wouldnt that make him a weak tyrant compared to the others? 

and a side not is the burny  man a tyrant?  or more powerful than a tyrant? 

I think Tyrants want power. Exactly how each Tyrant defines power would probably be unique to them. I don't know Nytimes exact motivation, but before he meet the Dreamer he was removed from his power somehow, just as all the tyrants sort of are at the moment, and have been since Titania made her deal with the Grave Spirit and created the red cage. ( None of the Tyrants is at full power at the moment, and I think if one managed to get back to fiull power the first thign it would do is probably try and destroy the others, as its greatest threat.)

Nytime is a Tyrant, based on the list of 13 Tyrants we have been told existed. Although we don't kno exactly want makes something a tyrant. 

The Burning man was created by the failed attempt to create a new Tyrant. It also seems to incorporate the Tyrant Chefule so its a mix of two very different powers.  Its hard to know how powerful the burning man is. Personally I think he is very powerful, but not in control of his power, but that his power makes things mad around him, and thats what has caused the Cult on earth, and the MAlifaux Burns issue.

Based on what I've read and remembered (so quite likely faulty) I think the original tyrants were powerful "people" on Malifaux that took more and more power until they became something Significantly different to how they started. I wouldn't be surprised if Titania hadn't at some point considered trying to become a Tyrant, although prehaps she decided the cost was too much for the rewards. 

• 1 month later...

The Tyrants were originally incredibly powerful mortal sorcerers who kind of 'half-ascended' - they could reform their bodies after they were destroyed, they had access to insanely powerful magics, but they all started off as Neverborn.  They were all seeking full ascension.  Hence they were a disaster - tearing through mortals, destroying thousands of lives in their experiments or just for their sadistic amusement, and killing them just delayed them slightly.  

The way I read it, the Grave Spirit as part of its deal with Titania used its authority over life and death to sever their ability to be reborn and end their physical lives - they could live on as spirits, but they couldn't make new corporeal bodies.  This weakened them to the point it allowed them to be caged, and they still need physical bodies to access much of their power (at least until they ascend) - hence them picking hosts.  

As for their level of cooperation, each Tyrant would probably destroy the other Tyrants out of hand if they ascended.  They're all seeking ascension (well, at least most are - there's a few that are enigmas) but none of them really wants the other to get it.  And being forced to act mostly through empowered mortals, they're all nominally working with something or other.