New to faction - Raspy advice please

Malevolence_Rising

Raspy + Ten peaks is a good start as blessed + silent ones are always something I'd bring.  My next step would be cold as ice, as the ice golem / gamin are also pretty nice for raspy (gives some good frozen heart targets for snow's free action.  I wouldn't bother picking up center stage for the ice dancers (now carlos, i would pick the box up for him and have... but thats OOK).

Beyond that tho, I'd probably go into some of the faction versatiles to fill some holes like a ranged gun, marker generation, or some generally quicker models, to help her play into a few more schemes / matchups (as my biggest issue with raspy is that she doesn't seem to pivot as fast as other crews + cant really chase down a fast crew.  So maybe a model or 2 with movement tricks or marker dropping could be nice, but I'd hold off until you get a grasp of core raspy's strengths / weaknesses.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, muraki said:

Raspy + Ten peaks is a good start as blessed + silent ones are always something I'd bring.  My next step would be cold as ice, as the ice golem / gamin are also pretty nice for raspy (gives some good frozen heart targets for snow's free action.  I wouldn't bother picking up center stage for the ice dancers (now carlos, i would pick the box up for him and have... but thats OOK).

Beyond that tho, I'd probably go into some of the faction versatiles to fill some holes like a ranged gun, marker generation, or some generally quicker models, to help her play into a few more schemes / matchups (as my biggest issue with raspy is that she doesn't seem to pivot as fast as other crews + cant really chase down a fast crew.  So maybe a model or 2 with movement tricks or marker dropping could be nice, but I'd hold off until you get a grasp of core raspy's strengths / weaknesses.

I’ve ended up with something like this:

New Rasputina Crew (Arcanists)
Size: 50 - Pool: 6
Leader:
  Rasputina
    Magical Training
Totem(s):
  Wendigo
Hires:
  Hoarcat
  Hoarcat 2
  Silent One
  Blessed of December
    Soulstone Cache
  December Acolyte
  Snow Storm

Not a bad list for what you have, I'd probably switch the magical training onto the silent one so you can get arcane resevoir working and make em a bit sturdier.  I'm less worried about raspy but if you want the shielded / counterspell go for it.  Similarily I'd probably flip the soulstone cache off of the blessed and onto the acolyte (mainly because they could use the stones for damage mitigation as they're pretty squishy), but that's also with the undestanding that I usually run the blessed off to score a backfield scheme and they don't take that much fire due to how fast they are.  If you expect to run em as more of a in the clump mobile bruiser, the SS cache makes sense.

• Like 2

Just now, muraki said:

Not a bad list for what you have, I'd probably switch the magical training onto the silent one so you can get arcane resevoir working and make em a bit sturdier.  I'm less worried about raspy but if you want the shielded / counterspell go for it.  Similarily I'd probably flip the soulstone cache off of the blessed and onto the acolyte (mainly because they could use the stones for damage mitigation as they're pretty squishy), but that's also with the undestanding that I usually run the blessed off to score a backfield scheme and they don't take that much fire due to how fast they are.  If you expect to run em as more of a in the clump mobile bruiser, the SS cache makes sense.

Thank you very much for the advice, greatly appreciated 

NP.  Arcanist upgrades are pretty great.  Magical training can really let some living models stick around on the board longer than you'd expect thanks to the shielded and I love SS Cache as it turns a 7+ stone model into a true threat... I look at it as a 'who's my henchman today' upgrade.

I do know some people swear by double silent ones, so that's always something to look into.  I haven't played that way much myself, but if you want to minimize the Raspy AP putting out ice pillars and/or get a ton out, that's always a thought.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...