Guild scheming and Nellie questions

RiceP.

So, i've never really got to playing guild this edition, mostly played outcasts and then got excited by explorers and got almost all of their masters, but that's whole another story. Anyway, i've played maybe seven to ten games with masters i've got, but only a few games with Nellie, she just looked pale to me in comparison with her 2e variant. Recently i've decided to give her another run. Stayed mostly in keyword, took pale rider, phiona, false witness, alison, undercover and field reporters. Game was actually fun, but it felt like i'm missing something, like im more of an annoyance to my opponent rather than actual threat. I want to get an idea how she plays now. Like, where does she wants to be on field.  Which models do you bring with her. At first i thought that peacekeeper should be good, but then i realised that nothing actually forces your opponent to place his scheme markers if he does not wants to.

Another thing i want to ask, what models do you use as schemers? Hounds and wardens seem like an obvious choice, but i don't have them. False witness seemed good at placing schemes, though rather lacking in actually getting to where i needed them. 

Depends on the scheme required, but I've been using mounted guard and executioners for a lot of scheme points lately. I need reliability and the former has good movement plus plenty of wounds to do far reaching scheme placement (outflank, breakthrough etc.), and the latter is a murder machine for either killing or keeping people away (claim jump, assassinate etc.). As a mainly Dashel player, I find its worth spending to hire the scheme runners with a plan, and summoning the pieces I need to mess with the enemies plan.