New Starter Set & Older Box Sets

Snackelwolf

Greetings all,

I just ordered the 2 Player starter set for The Other Side, and we are excited to crack it open.  After an unboxing on our YouTube channel, we want to 

get playing.

My question -- are the other box sets being repackaged currently? It was interesting for Miniature Market, where we ordered from, to have pre-orders for these

new boxes (The starter and 2 heroes), but none of the old listed at all.

If you can fill me in on any news or plans, that would be helpful.

Thanks,

The Other Side was originally launched as a Kickstarter project, and the initial release consisted of the four factions and the two syndicate heroes.  A bunch of things happened, and I think Miniature Market ended up clearancing their stock.

I don't know whether Miniature Market is planning on restocking/picking up the whole line again, but Wyrd is still selling the original releases (both on its own webstore and to the stores and distributors that want to carry it).

Wyrd hasn't given up on the game, but the whole pandemic thing making in person gaming a health hazard sort of hindered any sort of re-launch.  😕

13 hours ago, solkan said:

The Other Side was originally launched as a Kickstarter project, and the initial release consisted of the four factions and the two syndicate heroes.  A bunch of things happened, and I think Miniature Market ended up clearancing their stock.

I don't know whether Miniature Market is planning on restocking/picking up the whole line again, but Wyrd is still selling the original releases (both on its own webstore and to the stores and distributors that want to carry it).

Wyrd hasn't given up on the game, but the whole pandemic thing making in person gaming a health hazard sort of hindered any sort of re-launch.  😕

Agreed, the pandemic was hard on marketing, community building and event management. Sales increased for certain ranges due to lockdown as you know, but ToS could of really used that time to flourish.

I'm hoping the pre-orders on Miniature Market, which seem fairly strong, will encourage the owner to re-stock everything possible.

There's also been rumbling about new alligiance boxes coming out 'soon', which would be a perfect time for sites like mini to really get back in as if they do release 3kingdoms or kimon that's a lot more product than the starter and binh/Thrace... Tho that will be a bit more in the future.

I'm glad I bought up the factions I didn't have when people were selling it off last year so I don't have to hunt now....

I've slowly been aquiring Eels as a lot of places seem to have those still lying around (and it feels like you need a lot of them even if you only hire one) but the Egg Clutch is unfortunately eluding me, maybe Wyrds black friday will have some. I imagine there is a limited market for them but the product I'd love to see wyrd make available for ToS when they next do some releases would be additional faction markers (tide pools, portals, minefields etc) and additional plastic markers. The ones that came with the Kickstarter are great.

Just now, TimH said:

I've slowly been aquiring Eels as a lot of places seem to have those still lying around (and it feels like you need a lot of them even if you only hire one) but the Egg Clutch is unfortunately eluding me, maybe Wyrds black friday will have some. I imagine there is a limited market for them but the product I'd love to see wyrd make available for ToS when they next do some releases would be additional faction markers (tide pools, portals, minefields etc) and additional plastic markers. The ones that came with the Kickstarter are great.

Agreed, I'd love to see more markers / etc and those kickstarter acrylic tokens were amazing (just wish i got strats / etc with the same material).  If wyrd produced some acrylic tokens for things I'd buy the hell out of em.

One thing about markers.  I really like what wyrd did at gencon, where they got coin cases and put the strategy / shaken / pinned / etc tokens in them.  It was mostly for the pandemic / ease of cleaning / sanitizing, but it really made those paper tokens pop.  While I have a (few) sets of those kickstarter tokens (2 from the kickstarter and 2 more i bought when i saw them pop up on ebay) I also bought some coin cases for my ToS starter and wrapped those up, as can never have too many tokens and they look real nice.