in the lore video i watched

Mr Oogie Boogie

it ssaid that malifaux was the home of the fey, different kinds of fey, but the fey stories have been around longer on earth than when the rifts opened, so does that mean that either malifaux was once open to earth before or that the fey could pass through and back  again fae or fey or whichever way you wish to spell it? 

There have been a number of small, temporary Breaches between the two worlds throughout history, especially following desperate bids to avoid imprisonment by Shez'uul and (half of) The Dragon. A significant number of mankind's myths and legends may have been influenced by something from Malifaux winding up somewhere it shouldn't be. The Through the Breach supplement From Nightmares cites a number of examples like the Loch Ness Monster, Waldgeists in the Amazon, Cyclopes in the arctic north and, yes, the Fae.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

and i gues the lancashire/yorkshire boggarts which are what modern day gremlins are based on, where probably gremlins that accidentally fell through a breach lol 

Probably not. At least not directly, They aren't all that widely known about. Boggarts are more malicious than I see a bayou gremlin. There's not a shortage of possible candidates that they could have based the Bayou gremlin on.

It is possible that in the Wyrd world, the fairy tales were based on things like Bayou gremlins falling through rifts, and the ones that ended up in Lancashire where more malicious, but on the whole I wouldn't see boggarts as a typically representation of a bayou gremlin. (A terror tot is probably more likely to have been the source than a bayou gremlin if you were to ask me, and I'm sure there are other creatures in things like In Nighmares that fit the story more than a bayou gremlin does). 

3 minutes ago, Adran said:

Probably not. At least not directly, They aren't all that widely known about. Boggarts are more malicious than I see a bayou gremlin. There's not a shortage of possible candidates that they could have based the Bayou gremlin on.

It is possible that in the Wyrd world, the fairy tales were based on things like Bayou gremlins falling through rifts, and the ones that ended up in Lancashire where more malicious, but on the whole I wouldn't see boggarts as a typically representation of a bayou gremlin. (A terror tot is probably more likely to have been the source than a bayou gremlin if you were to ask me, and I'm sure there are other creatures in things like In Nighmares that fit the story more than a bayou gremlin does). 

I'm way behind on the lore, but wasn't there speculation that Gremlins aren't native to Malifaux? I remember my favorite theory from way back when, was that they're humans that had forgotten who they were, warped and twisted by the wilds of Malifaux, evolved into a form that could exist in the swamps. Explains their affinity for mimicry (Kin to Family, Sammi to Zoraida, etc). Some of them have an inherited impulse to return to being human, they've just forgotten how.

Has that idea been kiboshed? Or is it still a possibility?

12 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

I'm way behind on the lore, but wasn't there speculation that Gremlins aren't native to Malifaux? I remember my favorite theory from way back when, was that they're humans that had forgotten who they were, warped and twisted by the wilds of Malifaux, evolved into a form that could exist in the swamps. Explains their affinity for mimicry (Kin to Family, Sammi to Zoraida, etc). Some of them have an inherited impulse to return to being human, they've just forgotten how.

Has that idea been kiboshed? Or is it still a possibility?

I've lost track of a lot of the lore, now its being released across 3 different games systems, so I don't know what is official and what is fan speculation anymore.