Looking for translucent Tara

Doc Mo8ius

9 hours ago, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

what is withthe translucent models, do you paint them still or keep them translucent? or are they collectors pieces that you dont open or take off the sprue ? i dont get it, can someone explain it to me 

My plan is to paint it keeping parts of it unpainted for the translucent effect to show.

9 hours ago, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

what is withthe translucent models, do you paint them still or keep them translucent? or are they collectors pieces that you dont open or take off the sprue ? i dont get it, can someone explain it to me 

Its up to you what you do with them. Some people buy them because they are considered "painted" straight off the sprue, so they don't need to paint them. Others, (me included) buy them to part paint them, and allow the translucent  parts show in places. So for example I have the Translucent Rasputina, and all the Ice creatures are still translucent (Although I have done some highlights and washes to emphisise parts), but Rasputina is painted normally. The wendigo is translucent, as is the flesh of the model he is attacking, but the clothes are painted normally, as if the model has been turned to an ice statue.