do most people have more than one faction?

• 4 months later...

The longer you play Malifaux, the more likely you are to dip into multiple factions, either by accident via dual faction models/keywords or because the new shiny grabbed you.  This has been part of how Malifaux is designed since the beginning. Back in m1e Marcus, Zoraida, Leveticus, and others had very open hiring restrictions (restrictions is the wrong word here, maybe allowances?) that allowed them to hire outside of faction and often got players their initial out of faction dip and eventually their second/third+ faction.  Eventually Wyrd codified such "let's get our players to buy more" plan with dual faction models/masters and now keywords that cross over faction lines.

Whether that means more than 50% of Malifaux players have multiple factions isn't really meaningful, but you will find that lots of players have multiple factions, though many players have stuck to just one and many other players might have multiple factions but typically stick to one for long stretches of time.

As a single data point:

• I have every crews for every faction except Explorers (I'll get them eventually, but have been purchasing slower in the last 2 years).
  • I no longer have any assembled Outcast crews (my original outcast crews were Ophelia/Somer and they've since split off, I have alt-Hamelin unassembled).
  • I have several Guild crews but I don't think I've ever actually played them in any edition.
  • I consider myself an Arcanist player as the original m1e Raspy box was what got me into the game. Apparently I once said I loved Raspy's frigid box and learned an inappropriate slang term.
  • I haven't played any faction but Ten Thunders for maybe 2 years now.

I'm currently actively pursueing the second active faction after i cleaned the slate at the start of M3e (at which point i had some neverborn, some outcasts, some thunders, some ressers) and focused on just haveing 10T complete.
Currently working on completeing arcanists as a secondary.

Also am having me some Pirates (Mary Blacktongue just too cool to be contained just because she's a resser ;) ) and also a M2e Vics Crew is waiting in the cupboard because of nostalgia cause they were my og first crew which i gave away when i was focusing on the Thunders and in a nostalgic kick i got me em again to do just because i want to assemble and piant up not because of play.