will the kings empire cross over to malifaux?

Mr Oogie Boogie

3 minutes ago, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

So as soon as they kill off the gibbering hordes they cam get back to normal then as they are cut off from reinforcement reinforcement gibbering hordes

so, thats the issue, the gibbering hordes are basically an invasive species, and they've taken the oceans

6 minutes ago, fire5tone said:

well doesnt that still count, it seems odd to be suddenly reverent of a culture when all the rest of em are treated like crap by ya too, i mean, look at gremlins, theyre based on cajuns

Don't want reverence or people that look like me I wa t to see their culture. I want to see what they qoild do in malifaux I want to see how beitishness as a group not just outcasts, but as a keyword or crew or something that isn't irish. As irish are aboit as similar to the british as americans are to people from Iran.  I'd lime to see something like a unit of british soldiers as a crew with the silly hats knackered old uniforms where the stuff upper lip exaggerated tea drinking silliness  you k ow like a a musician model that announced their arrival.pomp and circumstance. Stopping  for tea In the middle of a fight. Hooligans didn't exist in the time malifaux was set. 

Being negative and defensive or tally ho! Charges thag sort of stuff. That never really happened but propaganda. I'd like to see rhat in malifaux

I dont want to be reminded that we are banned from watching our national game and will likely be banned again and again lol 

I'd like to see a brotish unit thT is trying to keep up pomp and circumstance in rhe old britiish silly looking red uniform that are knackered bjt are still trying to look like they are civilised and pompous  thats what I'd like to see. A dying e.pire sort of approach. I despise the others idea cos I hate rhe fact its all  units. And not individuals 

I'd like to see a brotish unit thT is trying to keep up pomp and circumstance in rhe old britiish silly looking red uniform that are knackered bjt are still trying to look like they are civilised and pompous  thats what I'd like to see. A dying e.pire sort of approach. I despise the others idea cos I hate rhe fact its all  units. And not individuals 

Monty pythonesque

You could probably use the Kings Empire models as Malifaux models.

I'd probably take a look at Cooper, he's seems to have that 'Bri'ish' feel you're going for. Convert him to have a pith helmet and you'd be laughing! Alternative, just use Edmonton as Cooper.

Hmm...

• Edmonton = Cooper
  • Not sure about Totems... if you really wanted to be un-PC, Zulus?
  • Rifle Corp = Crypsis Corp
  • Field Intelligence/Infiltrators = Vatagi Huntsmen
  • Dogs are fine, but use British Bulldogs!
  • Dragoon =  Rex??
  • Margaret Belle = Model 9

Otherwise, you could use the King's Empire to make a pretty decent Guard Keyword.

• Dragoon = Mounted Guard
  • Infiltrators = Guardsmen
  • Rifle Corps = Riflemen (duh!)
  • Field Intelligence Corp = Sergeants
  • South Wale Borders = Executioners
  • Convert a Grenadeer to hold a flamethrower and you've got your desease containment unit

The harder ones are probably Dashel, Dispater and Queeg... for the totem, you could give one of the Field Intel guys a vox caster or something

For Dashel, you could just use the real ones (give them a safari hat/red baret and different name if you want...), or Thrace (I know she's Guild, but I'm pretty sure she's a Brit)

For Queeg, I'd probably just stick to the current model. He works as is.

As an aside, honestly though, have you actually read the fluff? There's a good reason that the King's Empire is Earthside. There'd need to be a decent retcon to bring in an entire British Faction.

• They booted the Guild out, the Guild control the Breach, it doesn't take a genius to understand why the Guild haven't rolled out the red carpet
  • This is why the King's Empire has such strong ties with the Arcanists smuggling them back soulstones
  • The Breach is on the other side of the world
  • The Brits have enough problems at home

Going from accents in the Breachside Broadcast

• McMourning is Scottish
  • Seamus is Irish (as are all the Fae apparently!)
  • Nico is from the US (he mentioned having a practice in Massachusetts in the Duel of Fates story)
  • A lot of the characters are American, which you can't exactly begrudge, considering it's an American company...
  • I always though Kaeris was Russian... or somewhere from that area anyway
  • As said, Dreamer, McCabe, Cooper, are Brits
  • Hoffman is very British - he could actually be what you're looking for. Read some more of his stories for that feel. Won't help you with the full crew though, as they're mostly stompy-bots!

Lord Cooper is very much a British aristocrat. Also the prospects have the idea you're looking for too.

At the time of malifaux Ireland is fully part of the UK as well.

Not entirely sure why you want a parody style British though, obviously they were still very successful at the time both historically and in malifaux universe.

4 hours ago, Da Git said:

You could probably use the Kings Empire models as Malifaux models.

I'd probably take a look at Cooper, he's seems to have that 'Bri'ish' feel you're going for. Convert him to have a pith helmet and you'd be laughing! Alternative, just use Edmonton as Cooper.

Hmm...

• Edmonton = Cooper
  • Not sure about Totems... if you really wanted to be un-PC, Zulus?
  • Rifle Corp = Crypsis Corp
  • Field Intelligence/Infiltrators = Vatagi Huntsmen
  • Dogs are fine, but use British Bulldogs!
  • Dragoon =  Rex??
  • Margaret Belle = Model 9

Otherwise, you could use the King's Empire to make a pretty decent Guard Keyword.

• Dragoon = Mounted Guard
  • Infiltrators = Guardsmen
  • Rifle Corps = Riflemen (duh!)
  • Field Intelligence Corp = Sergeants
  • South Wale Borders = Executioners
  • Convert a Grenadeer to hold a flamethrower and you've got your desease containment unit

The harder ones are probably Dashel, Dispater and Queeg... for the totem, you could give one of the Field Intel guys a vox caster or something

For Dashel, you could just use the real ones (give them a safari hat/red baret and different name if you want...), or Thrace (I know she's Guild, but I'm pretty sure she's a Brit)

For Queeg, I'd probably just stick to the current model. He works as is.

As an aside, honestly though, have you actually read the fluff? There's a good reason that the King's Empire is Earthside. There'd need to be a decent retcon to bring in an entire British Faction.

• They booted the Guild out, the Guild control the Breach, it doesn't take a genius to understand why the Guild haven't rolled out the red carpet
  • This is why the King's Empire has such strong ties with the Arcanists smuggling them back soulstones
  • The Breach is on the other side of the world
  • The Brits have enough problems at home

Going from accents in the Breachside Broadcast

• McMourning is Scottish
  • Seamus is Irish (as are all the Fae apparently!)
  • Nico is from the US (he mentioned having a practice in Massachusetts in the Duel of Fates story)
  • A lot of the characters are American, which you can't exactly begrudge, considering it's an American company...
  • I always though Kaeris was Russian... or somewhere from that area anyway
  • As said, Dreamer, McCabe, Cooper, are Brits
  • Hoffman is very British - he could actually be what you're looking for. Read some more of his stories for that feel. Won't help you with the full crew though, as they're mostly stompy-bots!

The brits are in trouble le in the fluff I agree, bjt look at it this way if the guild .hated them that much they would let them into malifaux.  After the war the Americans took it the nazi scientists because ita better to know where theh are and what they are doing. Also malifaux kills a lot of people, it would be a good way to kill off the british and drain their already stretched resources. It would be a poisoned chalice. And ok then if not a faction even a keyword would be nice.  And thw thing is in voctorian times the british wernt just I  Britain. Thwy where all over the world, there was millions of british all over the qorld. And if they where all over the world when the rift dumped the sea on the uk  it would actually o ly covet the south of England as for some strange reason I don't understand as I'm not a geographer, the board of England and Scotland are angled up higher the um is tilted downward sto the south. I have no idea why. But I digress the brotish qhere all over the world it would not be Implausable to have them sending units through the rift. Even by stealth.  The thing wirb we brits is we don't just stay in our own coutneg we are out and about and like I said in the wild west there was actually more british out there than Americans thags why cowboy movies are so wrong lol. We went out there to find our fortunes. Englisb and Welsh mostly. To this day there is a Welsh Town in Mexico that speak Welsh and identify as Welsh. A town of miners.

11 minutes ago, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

Irish. Mac is Scottish mc is Irish the shortening to me didn't take off in Scotland

Thats great an all but in the books mcmourning is scottish, as is myranda who is his niece.

Also whilst the contraction of mac to mc is more prevelant in Ireland it is also common in Scotland and from an etymological there is no difference between the names. 

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

Irish. Mac is Scottish mc is Irish the shortening to me didn't take off in Scotland

Logged in purely to point out in a thread of bad takes this is the most stupid.

Embrace the pomp and stiff upper lip you want and quiet down. Acting most unbritish causing all this fuss and speaking up. Don't you know Brits hate causing a fuss. Back to your Tory bridge and live under it.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, ScottishMetaLew said:

Logged in purely to point out in a thread of bad takes this is the most stupid.

Embrace the pomp and stiff upper lip you want and quiet down. Acting most unbritish causing all this fuss and speaking up. Don't you know Brits hate causing a fuss. Back to your Tory bridge and live under it.

I dont vote tory I vote for either Labour or the monster raving loony party but as soon as we get a northern independence party candidate I will be voting for them.

I'm a northerner I don't vote tory lol EVER

I dont think the uk will even be around d in 10 years time, as the tories are destroying it so yes it would be nice to have a beitish keyword. And you say we english do t make a fuss or loud noise. I'm a northerner from blackpool lol have you ever been to blackpool? Lol its as lawless as tbe wild west 

23 minutes ago, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

im not sure thats a hard rule

12 minutes ago, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

The brits are in trouble le in the fluff I agree, bjt look at it this way if the guild .hated them that much they would let them into malifaux.  After the war the Americans took it the nazi scientists because ita better to know where theh are and what they are doing. Also malifaux kills a lot of people, it would be a good way to kill off the british and drain their already stretched resources. It would be a poisoned chalice. And ok then if not a faction even a keyword would be nice.  And thw thing is in voctorian times the british wernt just I  Britain. Thwy where all over the world, there was millions of british all over the qorld. And if they where all over the world when the rift dumped the sea on the uk  it would actually o ly covet the south of England as for some strange reason I don't understand as I'm not a geographer, the board of England and Scotland are angled up higher the um is tilted downward sto the south. I have no idea why. But I digress the brotish qhere all over the world it would not be Implausable to have them sending units through the rift. Even by stealth.  The thing wirb we brits is we don't just stay in our own coutneg we are out and about and like I said in the wild west there was actually more british out there than Americans thags why cowboy movies are so wrong lol. We went out there to find our fortunes. Englisb and Welsh mostly. To this day there is a Welsh Town in Mexico that speak Welsh and identify as Welsh. A town of miners.

so its not the guild that hates the brits (they still might not like em, but its mostly ambivilance), its the brits that absolutely loath the guild, the breach is not quite the same as just another continent, once they have a route to getting soulstones they likely want nothing to do with malifaux, its run by the guild, filled with monsters, communication and transportations an ass, and resources are already tight, theres basically nothing else to gain for them

however, there are plenty of individual britains about, more than there are germans or most singular nationalities beyond american and maybe mexican, and no, asian does not count as its so ungodly wide 'a catagory it might aswell be cheating

3 hours ago, Da Git said:

Whilst most of the post has some very good ideas on proxies, I think Thrace is Australian. (Although I can't tell you in malifaux timelines how British Australian is at the moment). 

10 hours ago, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

Don't want reverence or people that look like me I wa t to see their culture. I want to see what they qoild do in malifaux I want to see how beitishness as a group not just outcasts, but as a keyword or crew or something that isn't irish. As irish are aboit as similar to the british as americans are to people from Iran.  I'd lime to see something like a unit of british soldiers as a crew with the silly hats knackered old uniforms where the stuff upper lip exaggerated tea drinking silliness  you k ow like a a musician model that announced their arrival.pomp and circumstance. Stopping  for tea In the middle of a fight. Hooligans didn't exist in the time malifaux was set. 

Being negative and defensive or tally ho! Charges thag sort of stuff. That never really happened but propaganda. I'd like to see rhat in malifaux

I would say that the Scottish have more in common with the Irish than they have with the English if you are looking at culture. Ireland separated from British rule in 1922, and whilst I can't remember anything particular in the Wyrd fluff, I would assume that at the current time Ireland is still British.

I understand you want to play a "british" crew. There are very few nations that can field a whole crew. Even the Ten Thunders are a mix of Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Tibetian, Vietnamese, and probably several other Asian nations., as well as British (McCabe) and American (Lynch) Mixing those nations together as one in your head for purposes of representation is worse than what you are claiming Wyrd is doing with British and Irish. Based on the company and game setting, its not surprising that the game has a large number of "American" cowboys, but there are plenty of other sources.  

My introduction to the guild was the first edition metal sculpts, which reminded me very much of the Uniform of the British army, or of Robert Peelers police force, so I had largely assumed that the origions of the Guild is very British, and whilst it is a private corporation, it is largely made up of people form a certain nation.  (I think we got a lot more of the history of the Guild in The Other Side and Through the breech and I haven't read it all, so I can't entirely remember how much of my Initial impressions were correct). 

10 hours ago, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

I have a question if the the monsters come from the rift and there is no rift in the uk. Where are the monsters coming from 

I think I said Stable Rift. The Breech that the guild control is something that you can largely rely on. The Portals created by the Burnign man that lead to the Gibberign hordes entering the world are not stable, reliable, or in anyway controllable by earth based factions based on what we know at the moment.  

That's not to say that things couldn't change. Whilst the Ten Thunders organisation was mentioned in the first edition, I never expected them to gain access to their own breech and largely flood the Malifaux crime world. 

And I was wrong o' means Grandson of not son of. Mc is more common in Irish names than Scottish names, but found in both. I'm fairly sure we have stories that tell us McMorning was from Scotland (Even if he did go to the university of Vienna to study under Professors Marcus and Ramos). Whilst VonSchill is German, (Pussian I believe), not all his forces are, Hannah Lovelace isn't, and when we look at stories of new recruits, I don't remember getting a German vibe from all the characters. 

3 minutes ago, Adran said:

Whilst most of the post has some very good ideas on proxies, I think Thrace is Australian. (Although I can't tell you in malifaux timelines how British Australian is at the moment). 

I would say that the Scottish have more in common with the Irish than they have with the English if you are looking at culture. Ireland separated from British rule in 1922, and whilst I can't remember anything particular in the Wyrd fluff, I would assume that at the current time Ireland is still British.

I understand you want to play a "british" crew. There are very few nations that can field a whole crew. Even the Ten Thunders are a mix of Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Tibetian, Vietnamese, and probably several other Asian nations., as well as British (McCabe) and American (Lynch) Mixing those nations together as one in your head for purposes of representation is worse than what you are claiming Wyrd is doing with British and Irish. Based on the company and game setting, its not surprising that the game has a large number of "American" cowboys, but there are plenty of other sources.  

My introduction to the guild was the first edition metal sculpts, which reminded me very much of the Uniform of the British army, or of Robert Peelers police force, so I had largely assumed that the origions of the Guild is very British, and whilst it is a private corporation, it is largely made up of people form a certain nation.  (I think we got a lot more of the history of the Guild in The Other Side and Through the breech and I haven't read it all, so I can't entirely remember how much of my Initial impressions were correct). 

I think I said Stable Rift. The Breech that the guild control is something that you can largely rely on. The Portals created by the Burnign man that lead to the Gibberign hordes entering the world are not stable, reliable, or in anyway controllable by earth based factions based on what we know at the moment.  

That's not to say that things couldn't change. Whilst the Ten Thunders organisation was mentioned in the first edition, I never expected them to gain access to their own breech and largely flood the Malifaux crime world. 

And I was wrong o' means Grandson of not son of. Mc is more common in Irish names than Scottish names, but found in both. I'm fairly sure we have stories that tell us McMorning was from Scotland (Even if he did go to the university of Vienna to study under Professors Marcus and Ramos). Whilst VonSchill is German, (Pussian I believe), not all his forces are, Hannah Lovelace isn't, and when we look at stories of new recruits, I don't remember getting a German vibe from all the characters. 

See  I wouldnt mind a crew of mixed of English Scottish and Welsh. But you get whole.crews of amedicans for wxample and I know the company is american so they will have a natural bias to amerocans I understand that :) bit victorian british I'd argue fit in with seamount and the dark gothic side better than Americana as american stapubk tends to be more positive more cheery than british which tend to be darker and more dystopian

1 minute ago, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

See  I wouldnt mind a crew of mixed of English Scottish and Welsh. But you get whole.crews of amedicans for wxample and I know the company is american so they will have a natural bias to amerocans I understand that :) bit victorian british I'd argue fit in with seamount and the dark gothic side better than Americana as american stapubk tends to be more positive more cheery than british which tend to be darker and more dystopian

not your typical steampunk then, its quite dark and dystopian, tbh i'd more call it dieselpunk but wtv

1 minute ago, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

And austrailia back then would still have ex convicts alive around that time and thw children of said convicts so it probably would be quite a rough place  

I don't know my Australian history, but Malifaux was used as a Penal Colony both now, and when it first opened in the late 1700's, so I'm not sure how much of an effect that had on it. As I understand it, Australia didn't exist as 1 nation in this world until 1900, and most of its colonisation occured after 1787. So it may well be a very different place with a much smaller population (although still with wildlife trying to kill you) in the Wyrd world. 

• Haha 1