will the kings empire cross over to malifaux?

Mr Oogie Boogie

1 minute ago, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

I dont see why having a british based keyword is so hated when you have zero issue with havi g the Germans and the Japanese and the Irish and have no problems including them

there are keywords of germans? you mean freikorps with 1?  Ten Thunders werent just crammed in for nationality style points they have a very solid reason for existing and being their own faction, i dont see the point of needing people that look like you 

• Agree 2

I’m no lore expert or anything. Just a quick list.

For sure British: Dreamer, McCabe, Cooper, Elijah Borgman, firebranded 

Maybe British: Hoffman, at least some Oxfordian mages, Dashel, most guards, many generic minions like showgirls or journalist ones, Vogel, the captain, midnight stalker, dead dandies, Mortimer, the nanny

Definitely not British: English Ivan

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, fire5tone said:

there are keywords of germans? you mean freikorps with 1?  Ten Thunders werent just crammed in for nationality style points they have a very solid reason for existing and being their own faction, i dont see the point of needing people that look like you 

It's not about looking like you. They could have three heads and coloured bright purple  and still be british lol

1 minute ago, Peturd said:

I’m no lore expert or anything. Just a quick list.

For sure British: Dreamer, McCabe, Cooper, Elijah Borgman, firebranded 

Maybe British: Hoffman, at least some Oxfordian mages, Dashel, most guards, many generic minions like showgirls or journalist ones, Vogel, the captain, midnight stalker, dead dandies, Mortimer, the nanny

Definitely not British: English Ivan

No one british would be called Ivan 

12 hours ago, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

Mcmourning is voiced as irish on tbe tales from.malifaux and the name is irish

I would have said the name was Scottish rather than Irish, although there is a Celtic overlap. Mc is Scottish, the Irish would be O'. It might help I read all the stories rather than heard them, so I'm not basing it on what accents some one else can do, who isn't formally connected to wyrd anyway. 

EDIT - I'm Wrong. 

O' is Irish, but means Grandson of rather than Son of. The Irish word for Son of was Mac, and it was more likely to be abbreviated to Mc in Ireland than Scotland, but both Mc and Mac exist in both nations. 

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

Again now you count the amount of Americans and germans and Japanese we really don't have many 

im confused about what all these germans aret, also note, the breach is in *santa fe* so more local people went through, and theres a second breach somewhere in asia
and given how deep in crap theyre in they can't exactly visit either, how about the fact that despite being arguably the most important earthside faction: abyssinia there is 1 model, and 1 has appeared in lore only because the guild dragged him in and thats it, thats just what non proximity to the breach does to ya

also if you think about it, americans are just british with extra steps :P

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Adran said:

I would have said the name was Scottish rather than Irish, although there is a Celtic overlap. Mc is Scottish, the Irish would be O'. It might help I read all the stories rather than heard them, so I'm not basing it on what accents some one else can do, who isn't formally connected to wyrd anyway. 

mc is generally irish Mac is generally Scottish, the shrinkage of mac to mc was more popular in ireland 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

i dont know about victorian times but there is currently 15 thousand british  people living in new mexico at the moment, that is a fact i ddint know. it popped up when i googled santa fe lol 

again, britains struggling already, and they dont like the people running the show over there, so its not just proximity

Just now, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

weirdly similar to actual present day

our country is slowly sinking, and we are flooding all the time
we are in serious trouble no turkeys for christmas no pigs, no chicken very few vegetables,  no jobs  tax increases
and we hate the people running the show 

its a bit more severe in malifaux, just a tad.

7 minutes ago, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

It's annoying even gw is americancentric with o ly one british themed regiment in the whole game.  In fact Inthe whole company it feels like qe are just ignored in all companies and all games systems 

I was a fantasy player, not 40k, but there were armies based on various parts of the UK there, I think the green skins were based on the picts for example. 

10 minutes ago, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

I have a question if the the monsters come from the rift and there is no rift in the uk. Where are the monsters coming from 

the rift is coming from the sky, basically, the burning man (who also was english) showed up, his presence tore holes everywhere around him, and in the case of london, a portal to the bottom of malifauxs oceans, which dumped not only too much water on them, but what eventually became the gibbering hordes, then each tear promptly close, along with that the presence of him turned many crazy, creating the cult (for multiple reasons)

• Agree 1

Tbe obly one based on Britain was albiom which they never did anything with

Bretonnia is French with artherian thrown in

The empire was Germany iPhone Japan Cathays china Estonia and the other one where Spain and Portugal. Ind was India chaos dwarfs Persian, hobgoblin Mongolians, lustria South America dwarves where noise and scottish they had scotish accents but acted more like the norse 

5 minutes ago, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

No the orcs where based on english football hooligans. They where designed to mock the culture lol as a sort of to gue in cheek insult as they didn't like that culture being geeks and not interested in football

well doesnt that still count, it seems odd to be suddenly reverent of a culture when all the rest of em are treated like crap by ya too, i mean, look at gremlins, theyre based on cajuns but id still accept em as it

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, fire5tone said:

the rift is coming from the sky, basically, the burning man (who also was english) showed up, his presence tore holes everywhere around him, and in the case of london, a portal to the bottom of malifauxs oceans, which dumped not only too much water on them, but what eventually became the gibbering hordes, then each tear promptly close, along with that the presence of him turned many crazy, creating the cult (for multiple reasons)

So as soon as they kill off the gibbering hordes they cam get back to normal then as they are cut off from reinforcement reinforcement gibbering hordes