will the kings empire cross over to malifaux?

Mr Oogie Boogie

2 hours ago, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

we british are known adventurers and colonisers it seems prime real estate for exploring adventuring and  colonising

I wouldn't be to proud of that to be honest... Maybe, just maybe , it's not a sound marketing choice to put forward the colonialist endeavour of the British Empire in a brave new world 😜

• Agree 6
  • Respectfully Disagree 2

why not? its history its centre in many films and books, and many have copied it. Games workshop based its whole 40 on british colonisation. im not proud of it but it makes for a good villainous but pretend good  faction. one that claims to be civilizing malifaux, but also not with honest intentions. and SEV they are already in "The other side" so they are in the malifaux universe already. thats why i wasnt asking them to create a british side, i was asking if they will cross over from one ofr their gaming systems to tthe other. its a simple question really, and and yes its very good marketing.  Especially in the uk. and americans love the british as bad guys 

i personally love the miniatures but while they are just in the other side i cant buy them, and i really want them. which is bugging me as they are amazing models and a brilliant faction.  so why wouldn't they cross into malifaux when the guild have? and they are arguably more evil. and are very similar to the americans ruining the country for the natives. 

It's unlikely, they don't have access to malifaux, they are currently struggling to fight off the presence of the guild ,and then the burning man appeared and the whole invasion of London. 

That doesn't mean certain individuals can't travel, if I remember correctly, Lord Cooper is a British pier. 

The guild is based on the east India company I believe, and they currently control the only confirmed stable portal ( I believe the 10 thunders also have a portal, but its not public knowledge), and use it to control the flow of soulstones to earth. If you look at the other side stories then you learn a lot more about earth politics. The simple solution is to start playing The Other Side...

I like the king empire as a TOS faction. I'm just saying that bringing them to Malifaux could be hurtful for the company image since it's bring back some real trauma from the real world...

Also the guild play this role perfectly without all the affect linked to the British colonization.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, SEV said:

I like the king empire as a TOS faction. I'm just saying that bringing them to Malifaux could be hurtful for the company image since it's bring back some real trauma from the real world...

Also the guild play this role perfectly without all the affect linked to the British colonization.

The problem is there is next to zero britosh  haractors at all. You have loads ofAmericans German's etc but no one for britieh people to collect we have no representation. Its makes it harder to get into a game when you have no one you can identify with

20 minutes ago, Adran said:

It's unlikely, they don't have access to malifaux, they are currently struggling to fight off the presence of the guild ,and then the burning man appeared and the whole invasion of London. 

That doesn't mean certain individuals can't travel, if I remember correctly, Lord Cooper is a British pier. 

The guild is based on the east India company I believe, and they currently control the only confirmed stable portal ( I believe the 10 thunders also have a portal, but its not public knowledge), and use it to control the flow of soulstones to earth. If you look at the other side stories then you learn a lot more about earth politics. The simple solution is to start playing The Other Side...

The problem is I hate the others idea game bjt like the models for that faction. It's just I feel there's no one british people can identify with the east India company was made up of the world anyone could join it its not really beotosh more of a business. And it's mostly americans in this. We need more british characters. 

Just now, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

The problem is there is next to zero britosh  haractors at all. You have loads ofAmericans German's etc but no one for britieh people to collect we have no representation. Its makes it harder to get into a game when you have no one you can identify with

You have the gremlins 🤣🤣🤣

I kid, and I think this is a valid point. Wyrd designers are really good at bringing diversity in to their game. I'm surprise that there's no British people yet, but I'm not much in to the lore...

I think they should definitely brings some British folks, but not as a full colonial faction.

• Like 1

The problem is I hate the others idea game bjt like the models for that faction. It's just I feel there's no one british people can identify with the east India company was made up of the world anyone could join it its not really beotosh more of a business. And it's mostly americans in this. We need more british characters. Or brotish based factions its not realistic that we have just one or two so gle characters out of the whole.of malifaux there only 2 brotosh people In the whole world 

The problem is I hate the others idea game bjt like the models for that faction. It's just I feel there's no one british people can identify with the east India company was made up of the world anyone could join it its not really beotosh more of a business. And it's mostly americans in this. We need more british characters. 

do you need someone you can relate or identify with on a purely surface level, i use primarily gremlins and Asians for gods sakes and most of my favorite characters are female 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

The problem is I hate the others idea game bjt like the models for that faction. It's just I feel there's no one british people can identify with the east India company was made up of the world anyone could join it its not really beotosh more of a business. And it's mostly americans in this. We need more british characters. Or brotish based factions its not realistic that we have just one or two so gle characters out of the whole.of malifaux there only 2 brotosh people In the whole world  and no not on  a surface level gremlins speak with a southern states american accent. They are based on the french amedican the freiskorps are germans you have the 10 thunders which are Asian. You have the spanish/Mexican family. What keyword is british? 

3 minutes ago, fire5tone said:

do you need someone you can relate or identify with on a purely surface level, i use primarily gremlins and Asians for gods sakes and most of my favorite characters are female 

And? I don't care wether they are male or female, I'm not sexist lol I just wpuld.like to see british as they are one of the few excluded countries.  You pretty much have nearly every other country so I don't see why it's a problem to ha e them. 

1 minute ago, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

And? I don't care wether they are male or female, I'm not sexist lol I just wpuld.like to see british as they are one of the few excluded countries.  You pretty much have nearly every other country so I don't see why it's a problem to ha e them. 

im saying i am none of the listed catagories.

but a lot of the lack of british is probably because Britain's kinda underwater and being ripped to shreds, along with *really* hating the guild so most of em probably dont want to through
as for examples, dreamer and mccabe are both english

Seamus is based partly on Jack the ripper. ( along with the mad hatter and some Irish) Douglas mcmorning is British, I think Kaeris was from somewhere in England, the dreamer is from London Cooper is English. Nicodem had the demeanor of an English gentleman. Sandeep comes from the British empire

Yes, there is not a British faction, but there are British people. 

• Agree 1

And then that's fine for you, but for a lot of people having crews or gangs or even armies of their country is a big thing. The most popular limited edition imperial guard unit in the uk was the pretorian guard. For example.and it brings silly prices now.

As I said there is only a couple of individuals yet you have loads of germans French and  even Irish there shouldn't be irish people. either as if Britain  was sunk then Ireland would go with it as we are a motorbike and sidecar. I dont see why having a british based keyword is so hated when you have zero issue with havi g the Germans and the Japanese and the Irish and have no problems including them

1 minute ago, Adran said:

Seamus is based partly on Jack the ripper. ( along with the mad hatter and some Irish) Douglas mcmorning is British, I think Kaeris was from somewhere in England, the dreamer is from London Cooper is English. Nicodem had the demeanor of an English gentleman. Sandeep comes from the British empire

Mcmourning is voiced as irish on tbe tales from.malifaux and the name is irish

4 minutes ago, Adran said:

But again there is german and asian keywords  and isn't Nicodemous gone now? Like you have loads of germans and Europeans so ma y they are coming ojt our ears.  

It just seems we are under represented. And I think people are mistaking irish and British when we are completely different. And seamus is very Irish. Although yes his back story is Jack the ripper. Even though Jack the ripper may have possibly been american or polish I think it was