All praise the Insidious Madness

Regelridderen

I must say, I can’t praise these guys enough, and think it sad that of the Nightmares, the stitched have gotten all the glory.

1 : they’re amazing tarpits. Terrifying drains your opponents hands, Stat6 Wp attack that heals them - and everyone around. 

2 : they’re even more amazing at running schemes on the flanks. And their Disembodied Voices allows them to still affect the whole board.

3 : Mv6 and Incorporeal. Allows them to get to wherever they need to be. 

4 : Scatter. 5 models in the game have this phenomenal ability, making it impossible for your opponent to counter your Interacts.

5 : they’re a good model to burn your rams on

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

Back in the days when Dreamer could summon stitched, I still preferred to summon madness. They were great then, and are great now.

They are invaluable as support for your melee beaters, just for the heals from their attacks, so I tend to start with one on the board in nearly every game.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hawkoon said:

Back in the days when Dreamer could summon stitched, I still preferred to summon madness. They were great then, and are great now.

They are invaluable as support for your melee beaters, just for the heals from their attacks, so I tend to start with one on the board in nearly every game.

ESP. Since the new summon rules. Madness are damn good schemers. 

• Like 1

Oh yeah! I'm a big madness fan and as I said numerous time I think they're legit OOK pick in Neverborn. Especially in something like Leyline. 

Disembodied voice is good and benefit from the new distracted rules, basically stripping up to 3 focus from your opponent.

Also there sculpt is so cool. I had a blast painting them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Regelridderen said:

And you go crazy from assembling them 🤪

Oh yeah! I never understood how to put together Madness 1 (I honestly think that I lost a part somewhere) and got to sculpt a part of his back in Milliput...

I also had to literally cut  and reassemble madness 3 mouth because I did a mistake in the order in wich you're supposed to glue the parts...

They well deserved their name.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What make the nightmare minion package amazing is that they all have a define role and are all good at it.

DD provide much needed movement 

Alp provide ping damage and melee annoyance. 

Stitch provide a well rounded beater and way to recycle bad LD flip.

Alp provide scheming/anti-scheming potential and tanking.

All together this is great. Of all summonable minions I think this is the best package.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, kaintxu said:

any thoughts on hiring the insidious madnes vs summoning them?

start with 1, summon one?

For me it depends on the pool, map and the opponent. Sometimes i hire 1 or even 2, while other times I'm satisfied with summoning them in, but I always bring them into a game one way or the other.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2021 at 1:54 PM, Roadhouse said:

@kaintxuI usually hire 2 with Insomniac, for Dreamer 1 I'll hire one for Ley Lines to carry the ball. Mv6 Incorp with all the OOA movement makes them great ball runners and Scatter means they can also deny opposing points

Haven’t tried insomniac yet, but I rarely go without two and summon the third as soon as I’m able to. Disembodied Voices put such a huge strain on your opponents offense allowing you to shut any beater (but Archie) down.