When do you bring brutal emissary/effigy/effisarry?

RiceP.

Hello everyone. I've had my fair share of games with guild masters in 3e, namely: Nellie, LJ, Perdita and Sonnia, but i found myself never bringing this lovely model. I just can't give myself enough reasoning to include him in any crew, when i can just take pale rider. In 2e i've used him mainly to give a ride to powerful beaters, but it's now impossible.
So, when and why do you use guild's emissary? Help me figure out new synergies with him, because, frankly, i'm afraid that i can't let go of my 2e mentality of using emissary as a riding horse (ironic, since he's now outshined by pale rider).

I use him in 3 situations :

_ If Crowd control is an issue for opponent (Marcus, Lucius, Ulix, teams with lots of coordinated attacks)

_if terrifying is a problem for my opponent and I need a sturdy centerpiece

_ with LJ with effigy+upgrade in a list with Judge + LJ + rider on which my opponent will have toomany threats to handle on turns 1-2

He is not often on the table :/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angelshard said:

In my lady justice2 crew he's pretty much a staple. He does so much work and has great synergy.

I his bury on synergy. It is not a :ToS-Melee: action, it seems inferior to pine boxes. You can maybe use his 2" to bump an unbury with 33 in a difficult position but you need 33 at 6" of LJ2 and the emissary less than 4" from 33. What other synergy do you have with him ?

@le_wahou

Mostly I place the totem next to him and throws whatever LadyJ buries to the totem, so it's engaged by emisarry, that way he doesn't have to charge and can whack away with his greatsword with plus damage flip on something with injured. 

But he also have other uses. 

His healing aura is really good with death marshals, after they Bury something they heal 2.

33 to send unburies next to the emisarry. 

His own Bury is good for the Stat 4, but I don't use it that much. He's more of a beater/tank with a healing aura for me. 

When I manage to catch something between him, jury's arua and totem aura, it's usually gone shortly after.

19 hours ago, le_wahou said:

I his bury on synergy. It is not a :ToS-Melee: action, it seems inferior to pine boxes. You can maybe use his 2" to bump an unbury with 33 in a difficult position but you need 33 at 6" of LJ2 and the emissary less than 4" from 33. What other synergy do you have with him ?

While it's not a melee action, it is a 2" range (which can make a difference, even with LJ2's coffin shenanigans), but more importantly, it's Stat 4. 

Trying to throw a Sz 3 or 4 model in a box is a lot more difficult, so if that's your plan, and your opponent goes heavy cavalry or other big boys (mature neph, savage), having someone that can box them without needing them to be cooperative is helpful.