GG2: top 5 scheme for all NB master

SEV

I was commenting this thread :

And I realized that when I select a master I obviously want the strategy and deployment to fit his playstyle (but that often leaves several option) but I also want to see at least 2 but ideally 3+ top 5 scheme for that master...

So let's talk about those. This is my take for all NB masters (bear in mind that I do not play all of them, so I'll list them by my most played to my least played master).

Zoraida

1)Baith and switch, 2)Catch and Release, 3) assassinate, 4) Vendetta, 5) Outflank

Pandora

1) Let them bleed; 2) Claim Jump; 3) Assassinate; 4) Hidden Martyrs; 5) Baith and Switch. 

Dreamer

1) Vendetta; 2) Claim Jump; 3) Research Mission; 4) Assassinate; 5) Breakthrough (this one can be surprising, please discuss).

Titania

1) Research Mission; 2) Hidden Martyrs; 3) Assassinate; 4) Vendetta;  5) Death Bed (you'll need Aeslin).

Nekima

1) Let them Bleed; 2) Hidden Martyrs; 3) Vendetta; 4) Cath and Release;  5) Assassinate (Nephilim certainly have the tool for thos one, but you're probably trading points, since Nekima is likely to die as well... I would consider an other keyword if Assassinate is in the pool).

*** Disclaimer : I don't really play the masters below ***

Marcus

1) Catch and Release; 2) Hidden Martyrs; 3) Breakthrough; 4) Cath and Release;  5) Vendetta.

Euripides 

1) Death Bed; 2) Research Mission; 3) Let them Bleed; ???

Lucius 

No idea.

Please comment. As you can see I do not feel really confident about the scheme for the master I have less than 5 game play with...

But event for my most played master, there was tough choices.

As a faction we are great at killy scheme of course. We have amazing versatile claim jumper. It's more difficult for us to place a lot of scheme markers (Spread is tough). Even though I think Euripides and Titania like death bed enough, I think it's by far the hardest scheme to score this GG. 

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Outflank on Zoraida? Someone is actually good at scoring that? O.o

I also don't think assassinate is good for nekima, as you say. You just hand deliver points to your opponent.

I like outflank for Z. She's probably the best NB master to score it and it's coming from the left flank so it could be a nice tool in the right pool. But yeah, it's debatable (most of the time something like research mission will be easier to score). 

For assassinate, it's a tough one since I tried to look mostly at the scheme you want to pick (not the one you're the best denying)... but I agree Nekima doesn't like an assassinate pool (and we have far superior NB master to both score and denied it). 

What would be your #5 for Nekima?

Also where are the Lucius, Marcus and Euripides player to help me to complete this list 😀

10 hours ago, SEV said:

Also where are the Lucius, Marcus and Euripides player to help me to complete this list 😀

In Lucius‘ case: depends mostly on the style you want to play. There are a few different ways to play him and each way has different options. Eg: a list with 1-2 matures or rider can move up the board easily and offers speed for the other models as well. If you put in a doppelgänger you can scheme at a distance all right. A list with angel eyes is mostly more stationary and depends on denying points and actively scoring on your table half. 

schemes I like playing Lucius: 

detonate charges, vendetta, hidden martyrs, catch and release, bait and switch. But you also can do the mobile stuff well (breakthrough, outflank) if you build your list that way. 

In Marcus‘ case: 

I like to play Marcus dancing. Last month I won a little tournament at our LGS soloing Marcus with the exact same list: Marcus, Jack, Myranda, 2x cerberus (avoid cc just go jumping and scheming), groot, initiate with IR, wotw with AP. 

this list can do schemes at distance quite well: outflank, breakthrough, research mission, catch and release the initiate easily scores vendetta. 

I feel like Marcus has game into pretty much everything, but a special mention for claim jump against factions without Laugh Off. Some great tools there.

Vendetta and assassinate are also pretty great, as is let them bleed.

I find sparing the AP for spread them out is a bit annoying since he has no free scheme markers.

Breakthrough has similar issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Detonate on Lucius is pretty easy with a false witness. Plus obeys to drop markers also doppleganger with dont mind me can drop the second one.. Using Lucius 2 I found it ok but the second point is hard, as the original target has to be still alive for the second point. I dont like having to leave an opponent alive and my reluctance to kill a rat king yesterday meant the rat king then did some work and being a nuisance when all he had left was 2 wounds. Hidden martyrs is good for Lucius as you can nominate a changeling and maybe 46. Death beds and research mission are hard for any master that doesnt bring his own markers, so lucius struggles here. Breakthrough could be a thing if changeling mimics secret passage to get across the board but then is on his own. Vendetta and Assassinate are ok with 46 or hooded rider or even angel eyes with the dopple and 46 able to mimic her gun. Catch and release is ok I tried it yesterday with a changeling who secret passaged up as final activation but then failed to secret passage at the start of my turn to get him out. With a little more thought I could have pulled it off. let them bleed is ok if you some killy stuff. Outflank again is ok for the first point but not so good for the second, I find Lucius 2 needs to keep together as much as possible. Spread them out is not too bad as you can use the scheme marker Lucius 2 throws out at the start phase but then if its not around your crew you dont get to use it for baked in suits. Still getting my head around Lucius 2 so i will let you know my further thoughts as i play him. Got another game tonight but i dont know what the pool is yet nor my opponent. I think Lucius can flex into any pool if played right. As an aside my opponent was playing new Hamelin and took assassinate but he couldnt get near lucius. I loved being able to teleport in stab something (killing with red joker) then passage away. He is very hard to pin down.