Bayou Titles

Math Mathonwy

Not sure if here is the proper place to continue the discussion since Som'er the no title is, well, not a title. But imo he is still competitive in certain strategies, Recover Evidence for example, even with the changes on summoned models and strategy marker.

As for the title master, I am surprised that people not sold on Meecha-Mah. I think she is just as good as her origin version, in a different direction. The only single point the origin winning out is Careful Planning. And it will not be a problem after Wyrd giving a similar one named Darefule Planning to Meecha-Mah in next errata🙃.

3 hours ago, Rufess said:

As for the title master, I am surprised that people not sold on Meecha-Mah. I think she is just as good as her origin version, in a different direction. The only single point the origin winning out is Careful Planning. And it will not be a problem after Wyrd giving a similar one named Darefule Planning to Meecha-Mah in next errata🙃.

To be fair, I don't think anyone other than the honorable @ShinChan has posted real play experiences with her. I agree with you that on paper she seems fine but OTOH I do respect ShinChan's expertise so I'm a bit worried. Still definitely excited to test her out, mind!

7 hours ago, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

so does every model of som'er have different rules then? you cant use one som'er and just use the different rules? 

there are only 2 versions of somer this edition, OG somer, and title somer, it doesnt matter how many alt models you have, cause models arent tied to the rules

11 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

To be fair, I don't think anyone other than the honorable @ShinChan has posted real play experiences with her. I agree with you that on paper she seems fine but OTOH I do respect ShinChan's expertise so I'm a bit worried. Still definitely excited to test her out, mind!

Hey, thanks for the words, but I'm just another rando xD I do not think that Mecha Meemaw is bad, just that SpoonMah is definitely better unless you're facing a clear specific matchup full of armored models. Since titles are decided before revealing masters, there is usually no gain to go with Mecha Meemaw over Mah1. Arcanists and Guild have a bunch of armored models to some extent, but most of those fall into Hoffman's crew and they can do a lot of irreducible (so Mecha Meemaw or any of your important pieces are gonna be dead pretty fast). Also, the brutal nerf to Sparks (although the explosives part was needed) is also a drawback to Mecha Meemaw.

If titles could be selected after revealing the master, ohhh boy, that would lead to interesting picks where I could see myself picking Mecha Meemaw more often. However, this approach has some issues too (it's way easier to counterpick a keyword).

I do really like Rockhopper tho :P 

On 10/22/2021 at 6:52 PM, ShinChan said:

Hey, thanks for the words, but I'm just another rando xD I do not think that Mecha Meemaw is bad, just that SpoonMah is definitely better unless you're facing a clear specific matchup full of armored models. Since titles are decided before revealing masters, there is usually no gain to go with Mecha Meemaw over Mah1. Arcanists and Guild have a bunch of armored models to some extent, but most of those fall into Hoffman's crew and they can do a lot of irreducible (so Mecha Meemaw or any of your important pieces are gonna be dead pretty fast). Also, the brutal nerf to Sparks (although the explosives part was needed) is also a drawback to Mecha Meemaw.

If titles could be selected after revealing the master, ohhh boy, that would lead to interesting picks where I could see myself picking Mecha Meemaw more often. However, this approach has some issues too (it's way easier to counterpick a keyword).

I do really like Rockhopper tho :P 

I'm fairly sure that you choose which title in crew hiring, all you choose in name masters is the name, but not the title. 

• 2 months later...

Give it another 6 months and once people get the games in and start unlocking the titles I think we will find more and more situations where they will be great or possibly the best picks. A big issue people will have is loyalty to the OG masters - we love them and have played with them for so long the titles have a lot to prove to have someone reach for them …