[Russia] [Moscow] The Brewmaster Cup-2022

Scoffer

Hello, fellow wyrdos!

I proudly announce the third annual Brewmaster Cup - a 5 rounds 50ss GG2 tournament in Moscow (Russia). 

Date: 8-9th of January 2022

Some rules:

1. No DMH allowed.

2. Any version of Master model can be used as a title with a proper base.

3. Dual masters allowed.

4. All models must be painted and have decorated bases.

There will be prizes for the winners, raffle for fortune's favourites, souvenirs, water and snacks for everyone and some side-activities like painting competition, cosplay, scorpius challenge and whatever else comes into my mind in the following months. 

Foreign players are welcome! Send me a PM if you want to participate and need any help.

More information (in Russian) here: https://vk.com/brewiecup2022

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gertermit said:

I don't have a gokudo miniature, but I have another miniature that looks even better.

Can I use it as a proxy?

No proxies (other than official proxies) are allowed. You can use a convertion if it is recognisable and contains no more than 50% of non-wyrd manufacturer's details.

2 minutes ago, Plaag said:

defenetely will come) we need more than 5 rounds!)) close the gates and wait until everyone play with each other to find who is the best)

This is called A Submarine Game, grown-ups usually have too much responsibilities to play it.

If I ever go to Russia, I'll make sur to brings a Faux crew to play in one of the legendary last man standing tournament (aka wait until Plaag has beaten every body in the room)...

Seriously, your tournament scene seems great! Please post the results here.

17 hours ago, SEV said:

If I ever go to Russia, I'll make sur to brings a Faux crew to play in one of the legendary last man standing tournament (aka wait until Plaag has beaten every body in the room)...

Seriously, your tournament scene seems great! Please post the results here.

Russian tournament scene is not as plaagish as it may seem 🙂

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

The Brewmaster Cup 2022 is over. We had 43 players from 5 cities, cosplay, painting competition and cocktail contest "Welcome to Malifaux" (or as some said "make the TO drunk"). 

Full results can be seen in Bag'o'tools https://www.bag-o-tools.com/live/#/live/1860 (keep in mind, that the ringer is on the 7th place, but his result doesn't count).

Top-5 are:

1. ES

2. Guild

3. Neverborn

4. Outcast

5. Neverborn

I didn't even try to collect and analyse any statistics, so here are some plain numbers and random facts.

The most popular faction was Neverborn - 12 players. Outcast - 6, ES and TT - 5, Bayou, Ressers and Arcanists - 4, Guild - 3. 

Two Neverborn players had to play vs Neverborn three times.

21 out of 107 games (19,6%) were draws.

The winner didn't use any titles.

The third place played double title (Titania+Marcus) list in all 5 rounds and lost only to title Brewmaster (this makes my heart warm).

Judging painting competition after judging cocktail contest is a great lot of fun, highly recommend.

The Brewmaster Cup will be back next year, come to Russia, play some Malifaux.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...