Titles experience so far

4thstringer

I wasn't part of the beta, so as soon as they started spoiling the new stuff I started playing it.  26 games in and here are my thoughts so far.

1. Practicing without having movement tricks to ball out bad decisions, then getting lots of movement tricks is a game changer.

2. We probably reduced raw damage output on 60-75% of our masters (dash and Hoff being exceptions, maybe luci) but everything feels more powerful and a lot more flexible.

3.  I haven't played with significant "which title will it be* tricks on my side z because I had to ask "is it ok if I play spoiled things", but I don't think that will be relevant for anyone but Hoff or dash.  

4.  I'm having trouble finding room for the new versatiles in my list.  Which is crazy because they seem very good

5. I underestimated Nellie 2, but I'm coming around on her. 

Do you agree or disagree with me on any of this?

• Like 1

I haven't had chance to play with any of them yet (I haven't had a game since before Hoff was spoiled 😪) but my impressions are such that I'd agree with all of those things, except Nellie2.  I've always thought she was potentially mental!

But yeah, on the whole, the increased flexibility is definitely going to be a massive boost to Guild.  I'm looking forward to it!

• Like 1

I've mostly played Justice2. She is so much more fun now. She really makes her keyword shine and your opponent weep. 

The jury has gone from a tech pick to an always include in my lists. She usually does 4-6 damage when activating. 

Justice totem feels a lot more useful now, cause things that unbury from justice are placed next to it an within range of jury's aura. So when something unburies, it takes a point of damage, still has injured and is in range of both totem and jury aura, meaning cheating sucks. I've locked down leap models because they couldn't cheat in their card and keep their suit and they can't easily disengage. 

Death marshals are so often fast they just feel brutal. They can scheme and do strat or focus run and charge. 

Also if Lady J uses her bonus to Bury something, she's effectivly at Stat 8 when whacking it, meaning that moderate 4 is quite easy to get. 

Additionally I usually start turn 1 with justice, placing a coffin marker and giving 5 focus to my crew. 

The only OOK picks I've really used are the emissary/effigy with upgrade, guild steward and pale rider. 

Edit: 33 is sooo good. With mv6 and Incorporeal he can get anywhere and is a Bury threat from ~16" away. Plus, instead of walking, he can charge and hit something buried with a ram for a distracted and a 2/3/5 damage track. 

3 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

In my games so far the opponent rarely removed them, and I probably put down 4-6. 

3 hours ago, Angelshard said:

When the game ends there's between 6 and 10 on the board.

Hmmm, i see, thanks for answering. I just wanted to know how many markers i need to order, so that i would end up with not too many but enough for most of games. I guess 8-10 is the amount im looking for. Thanks again. 

I have only played Perdita 2 out of the new masters, and she was very good. Into The Vics 1 and had a very good match. Her shielded pulse and focus makes it very hard to kill in her bubble, and trick shot giving unresisted damage. Francisco with LLC survived a turn and a bit against both Vics, Bishop and Vanessa whaling on him. Took 4ss and my hand, but he wasted basically the entire 2nd turn of my opponent, whilst everyone else was whittling down/scheming. Turn 3 I put 1 Vik in a box, then killed the other.

Edit: Her summons is good too. I'm gonna try and get some more games in as I REALLY enjoyed it!
My list: Perdita 2, Nephilim, Francisco+LLC, Santiago+LLC, Sly, Nino, Steward, Effigy+upgrade, 4ss.